Is uber going to screw me out of morning Guarantee?

GILD

Guarantee was for 4 hours. 6am start, and ended at 10am.

I started at 7:02 did 3 trips got 4th trip at 9:48, picked up pax at 10:03, dropped off at 10:13, logged off at 10:13. G ended at 10 am. I only needed 3 trips, this was my 4th.

100% accepted, 2.98 hrs online 3 trips completed before 10:00:00.

The question is I accepted the 4th trip inside the G, but picked up and finished outside the G.
The problem is I only completed 3 out of 4. the completion is no longer 100% as it was when I did 3 out of 3 before this ping, since I didnt pick this pax up until 10:05 and G ended at 10 am, Is uber going to say I only completed 75% of my trips. Even though I did 3 trips in 2.98 hours?

Anyone know from experience if UBER will screw me somehow? Basically the last ping changes my completed to 75% and my acceptance at 100%.
See how the 75% is under 80% as far as completed by accepting this ping that could not be completed inside the G period of 6-10?

1 trip an hour
80% accept and complete
required.

Last edited:

LEAFdriver

OK. I'll take a stab at this. You signed on at 7:02 and the morning guarantee period ended at 10 am, right?

You will only get paid for 2 hrs of the guarantee....since you were not online for 3 FULL hrs.

If you wanted all 3 hrs, you needed to be online by 7 am sharp. :oopsies:

Edit: You might get almost the FULL 3 hrs after all. I think they just pay you a percentage of the 3rd hour since you did have 3 rides by 10 am.

awins

Rides that start before a guarantee period do not count toward trip total. You do however get paid for that time used during that trip if you end up meeting the requirements of the guarantee.

Rides that end after a guarantee period count toward the requirements (trip count, gross income) but you do not get paid for the extra time used past the guarantee period ending.

This is the best I can figure out how it works based on my dealings with support. They may try to screw you out of a ride if one ride makes the difference in them paying you or not so stay vigilant out there folks.

GILD

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Leaf,
Uber will pay fractional hours, ex 2.9 hrs online. or 2.2 hours as long as your over the minimum. example 2 hrs minimum. This I know is true.

GILD

I have seen IF they are not completed trips in the time allowed, No G.
ex 3 trips in 3 hours. you cant end trip at 10:05 as its only complete if done by 10:00. even though the period ended at 10:00 and you have pax in car. that is not a completed trip. so you only get 2 trips in 3 hours and miss the G.

HOOSIERGAL

I lost 9 hours of guarantee by 11 seconds! I escalated to a manager after tons of emails....received the final response this morning, as I have been fighting with them since June 14th....here was the response:

"I understand your concern regarding the guaranteed incentives.

I am really sorry for the inconvenience occurred. I would like to inform you that,you missed the incentive just because of 11 seconds. These are system generated. So, after 11 seconds, the system has automatically captured it.

Reach us back with further questions."

AllenChicago

Uber can override the computer coding. Lyft did it for me this past weekend in a similar situation where I barely missed the guarantee.

GILD

Hoosier, did they pay? keep replying back. forever if you have to. Never log off ontime.
say you did 9 trips, loggoff 8 hrs 56 min. Uber pays the 56 min. but if you try to log off 9 hrs. YOU WILL FAIL.
they track it by the seconds and tell us Nothing along the way. Like in and out time.
Log in top of the min, log out at top of the min plus 5 seconds. only way it works. 80% of the time.
9 trips in 8.95 hrs. paid
9 trips in 9.01 hrs. NO PAY.

HOOSIERGAL

Hoosier, did they pay? keep replying back. forever if you have to. Never log off ontime.
say you did 9 trips, loggoff 8 hrs 56 min. Uber pays the 56 min. but if you try to log off 9 hrs. YOU WILL FAIL.
they track it by the seconds and tell us Nothing along the way. Like in and out time.
Log in top of the min, log out at top of the min plus 5 seconds. only way it works. 80% of the time.
9 trips in 8.95 hrs. paid
9 trips in 9.01 hrs. NO PAY.
I had 10 trips in 9.32...the 10th trip was at 10:00.11
I keep writing them back, they are infuriating!
The last two nights I did 4 hours each night with 10 trips each night and 100% acceptance. No way they can cheat me on those!

HOOSIERGAL

Just a thought...we don't hear people complaining about LYFT paying. Wonder if gUBER's third world country Help Desk is the distinction between the two....

GILD

Hoosier, the 10th ended at 10:00:11? or began? Yeah they are not going to pay. You gotta end the trip before 10:00:00 for it to count.
In this case, drive faster. end trip sooner. go through a yellow light. watch that clock. Uber will not count it as a COMPLETED trip before 10:00:00

They will say you had 9 trips in 9.32 hours. that is their stance no doubt. 10th is not included.

Nomadwolf

Hoosier, the 10th ended at 10:00:11? or began? Yeah they are not going to pay. You gotta end the trip before 10:00:00 for it to count.
In this case, drive faster. end trip sooner. go through a yellow light. watch that clock. Uber will not count it as a COMPLETED trip before 10:00:00
Heck, end the trip even if you're not quite at the destination (though there is a slight insurance risk here...). Pax can have a lower fare, which doesn't impact you because of the guarantee...

GILD

insurance risk may not be worth that. I dont know. Just drive faster, 5 over max. It was 11 seconds.

Jinxstone

I've always gotten paid when the trip took me past the guarantee time. Uber almost has to do that otherwise drivers will be accepting the ping to fulfill the acceptance rate and throwing riders out of the car because time is up.

Cesarek

For the 2 past days everytime I do a pool request and I drop off the pax I get the warning that I denied another pool request :mad: when nothing shows up while driving to the destination!

Uberana

Rides that start before a guarantee period do not count toward trip total. You do however get paid for that time used during that trip if you end up meeting the requirements of the guarantee.

Rides that end after a guarantee period count toward the requirements (trip count, gross income) but you do not get paid for the extra time used past the guarantee period ending.

This is the best I can figure out how it works based on my dealings with support. They may try to screw you out of a ride if one ride makes the difference in them paying you or not so stay vigilant out there folks.
I believe what you say is correct. If not, it should be. I rcvd my qualifying ride rqst for this mornings guarantee @ 9:17 at the ORD staging lot. This ride was completed at 10: 17. I expect to be paid for the guarantee. We'll see.

I did get paid for all of the guarantees that I drove. The qualifying trip need only start before the guarantee period ends.

Last edited:

GILD

Iv not been paid before for 3 min past 10am on last needed trip. they said my completed trips were only 2, not 3. because I did not have 3 completed until 10:03. even though the trip began at 9:45. So now I feel maybe they should have paid me for that? can anyone verify this as true?
Uber really tries too hard to not pay! Every crooked trick in the book. You got to be robotic, like the robot checking the G for payments.

LEAFdriver

Related to this topic:

I was just online from 3:20 to 4:20 pm today. I got 2 pings that I ACCEPTED. After I ACCEPTED each one....I got an 'error' message and the ride disappeared. After the 2nd 'error' message....I was kicked offline!

I think I noticed within a minute and went back online.....but now when I go to check my 'time online'....it is nowhere to be found!

How do we check how much time UBER says we were online????

75drive

If
Guarantee was for 4 hours. 6am start, and ended at 10am.

I started at 7:02 did 3 trips got 4th trip at 9:48, picked up pax at 10:03, dropped off at 10:13, logged off at 10:13. G ended at 10 am. I only needed 3 trips, this was my 4th.

100% accepted, 2.98 hrs online 3 trips completed before 10:00:00.

The question is I accepted the 4th trip inside the G, but picked up and finished outside the G.
The problem is I only completed 3 out of 4. the completion is no longer 100% as it was when I did 3 out of 3 before this ping, since I didnt pick this pax up until 10:05 and G ended at 10 am, Is uber going to say I only completed 75% of my trips. Even though I did 3 trips in 2.98 hours?

Anyone know from experience if UBER will screw me somehow? Basically the last ping changes my completed to 75% and my acceptance at 100%.
See how the 75% is under 80% as far as completed by accepting this ping that could not be completed inside the G period of 6-10?

1 trip an hour
80% accept and complete
required.
If you logged on at 7:02 you'd be entitled to 2.98 hrs you completed 3 trips inside the guarantee period you met the ride requirement of one trip an hour. The fourth trip should do nothing more than add to your gross fares making your guarantee slightly less. You should get paid for 2.98 hours.