Is Uber cheating the cap? You bet your ass it is!

Inshur

Five Star

Found this on Twitter today. Person who posted it is very reliable according to followers.
Uber claim that the app is “glitchy” is laughable. But I’m sure struggling LI drivers (and possibly Westchester) are taking the chance.

9FDF16FA-931C-41AC-B670-229B119D98B7.png
5A1B970F-C8CF-4448-9B5A-650AFC92032F.png
9FDF16FA-931C-41AC-B670-229B119D98B7.png

FuberNYC

By glitchy, they mean that these non TLC drivers may get an IP from the airports, can't think of any other scenario

Hairytee

There is no way Uber would risk doing this just to get around the cap especially with their IPO coming up. There is way too much that could go wrong and the reward does not outway the risk. There are already too many NYC cars eager and waiting to take rides so I cannot believe Uber would be that naive and stupid to do this.

KenStyles

There is no way Uber would risk doing this just to get around the cap especially with their IPO coming up. There is way too much that could go wrong and the reward does not outway the risk. There are already too many NYC cars eager and waiting to take rides so I cannot believe Uber would be that naive and stupid to do this.
Oh please, in 2016 and 2017 Uber was allowing point to point in Westchester County and long Island even though that was illegal. Many drivers got tickets when caught.
Cops specifically asked to see the waybill.

When they finally opened up the suburbs to private drivers… That’s when (uber) started following the law because they knew they had enough drivers.

Lenny_yellow_cab

Oh please, in 2016 and 2017 Uber was allowing point to point in Westchester County and long Island even though that was illegal. Many drivers got tickets when caught.
Cops specifically asked to see the waybill.

When they finally opened up the suburbs to private drivers… That’s when (uber) started following the law because they knew they had enough drivers.

I’ve been stopped in WC and asked to show ride.

Vanstaal

Don't want to mention any names but you have no idea what type of shady biz the previous management did back in the days.

Kris150303

I thought I was losing my mind. I've been seeing non tlc plated cars picking up in queens. At first I thought maybe they're dropping off from Long island or something. I'd see the uber logo and drop offs happening. A couple nights ago I got a call to a house party. Like 3 uber drivers waiting for passengers. The one right in front of me didn't have tlc plates. Then I thought, maybe its like a return ping back to long island? I refused to believe Uber would give a non tlc vehicle a call. With as many cars as there are now struggling for rides and how much it costs us to maintain these tlc vehicles. This is twisted

Alone44

Me too in queens then I thought maybe that girl has 2 stops and she may left for couple of minutes and come back

Five Star

I thought I was losing my mind. I've been seeing non tlc plated cars picking up in queens. At first I thought maybe they're dropping off from Long island or something. I'd see the uber logo and drop offs happening. A couple nights ago I got a call to a house party. Like 3 uber drivers waiting for passengers. The one right in front of me didn't have tlc plates. Then I thought, maybe its like a return ping back to long island? I refused to believe Uber would give a non tlc vehicle a call. With as many cars as there are now struggling for rides and how much it costs us to maintain these tlc vehicles. This is twisted
I have seen non TLC cars picking up passangers at JFK, they had that stupid Uber (and Lyft) sticker on the windshield, but I thought they probably work for a car service base too (Suffolk county?)and were on a call, but now, after seeing this, I’m sure this is Uber giving the TLC (and the City Council) the finger.
Also, unless caught on the spot by TLC cops, there’s absolutely nothing anyone can do, if you take a picture and send it to the TLC, they may investigate, but the driver can say he was picking up his mother or brother there, then what? Uber knows all that. Sure, giant company with a $120 Billion IPO, but they know how to play “small ball” and time and again they have shown they don’t mind coming down the alley to fight dirty.

Now, with endorsement from our “Union” IDG, they are fighting to end the cap in 3 months, believe me when I tell you that there is a back room deal in place, Uber spent a truckload of money on TV and radio ads IN FAVOR of congestion pricing, plus God knows how much lobbying $$ exchanged hands here,
Congestion pricing works for Uber because not a single penny comes out of their pocket, and entitled millennials actually think Uber cares about congestion and the environment.

Ending the cap after just one year will be a disaster to all of us, because of the overwhelming number of plates issued prior to the implementation of the cap. In order to achieve its goal, the cap must stay in place for another year minimum, and after that new plates should be issued only whenever a plate is returned, if 1000 drivers returne their plates in 2020, then 1000 new plates should be issued. That’s the way I see it...

Inshur New York