Is uber bluffing

t5contra

I've been on 2 minute virtual timeouts when I don't accept 3 rides in a row and that's fine but uber sent me an email saying I will now be on a 10 minute time out. I purposely timed myself out and it still showing up as a 2 minute wait. Will they really bump me up to 10 minutes or is this a scare tactic?

IF they will increase me to 10 minutes, I will write to uber and if that doesn't resolve anything then I will be done for good. 7-10am and 5-7pm are the only times worth driving and if I am limited by 10 minute time outs then i will spend majority of that time sitting around with all those pool pings coming in and I will never do pool, no matter what.

ctuber

Interesting how the timeouts are different in various markets. In CT I've been on 4 minute timeouts for about 6 weeks for ignoring X pings and only taking premium. Been getting emails every week that they will put me on 30 minute timeout if I continue but hasn't happened yet.

t5contra

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I wouldn't even think twice about quitting on 30 minute time outs. My breaking point is 10

ctuber

Ya I hear ya, I'll have to see if it actually happens. I do this very part time now so it won't really kill me, but will be tough giving up premium rides that net from $75-$300 a piece.

nutzareus

I was put on 10-minute virtual corner and received same warning email and text message. Ignore. Delete. Still got a trip after I was able to log back on.

UberMetalPunk

I've been on 2 minute virtual timeouts when I don't accept 3 rides in a row and that's fine but uber sent me an email saying I will now be on a 10 minute time out. I purposely timed myself out and it still showing up as a 2 minute wait. Will they really bump me up to 10 minutes or is this a scare tactic?

IF they will increase me to 10 minutes, I will write to uber and if that doesn't resolve anything then I will be done for good. 7-10am and 5-7pm are the only times worth driving and if I am limited by 10 minute time outs then i will spend majority of that time sitting around with all those pool pings coming in and I will never do pool, no matter what.
I find your lack of faith disturbing 03082016160857.jpg