Is Uber becoming the new Lyft ?

Ride-Share-Risk-Manager

Our driver group decided to take a vacation from Lyft as we are fed up with complaining about the usual litany of issues with them : Too many minors, mainly needy, annoying cheap ass, no tippers as passengers, 50% of all rides ending in dangerous hood locations with broken streets, a DF that never works, the super annoying reminders about not accepting ride requests, and the endless pings to drive 25 minutes for free to NW NJ to pick up Lyft Line Johnny Bonghead who wants to be brought down the street to 7-11 to buy some cheese doodles.

But having driven just Uber for the last week or so, it seems like Uber in NJ is turning into Lyft. I counted at least 20 requests for rides from 25 minutes away or longer in NW NJ over the weekend (and I only drove about six hours) There was an endless litany of Uber Pool requests from the hood, especially when I was sitting in the middle of a surge. Now Uber are starting with their own version of the annoying e mails about "we notice you have not been accepting many rides recently".

ibeam23

North Jersey is surely the land of poo. I'll be in blood red surge and my pings are 25 minute out low rated pax. No thanks. I ignore a few of those and BAM, there's that dang WE SEE YOU HAVEN'T BEEN ACCEPTING MANY RIDES message.

Ride-Share-Risk-Manager

North Jersey is surely the land of poo. I'll be in blood red surge and my pings are 25 minute out low rated pax. No thanks. I ignore a few of those and BAM, there's that dang WE SEE YOU HAVEN'T BEEN ACCEPTING MANY RIDES message.

I saw quite a few requests coming from the Ramapo College area on Saturday night. They probably requested Lyft Line first (as they are cheap college students) and when they got no drivers responding they started using Uber instead for their 25 minute distance ride requests.

ibeam23

I saw quite a few requests coming from the Ramapo College area on Saturday night. They probably requested Lyft Line first (as they are cheap college students) and when they got no drivers responding they started using Uber instead for their 25 minute distance ride requests.
Either way I only accept poo if I'm on a DF or it's a decent surge. No matter how slow it is I am not driving 25 minutes to pick up anyone.

Caspita

I wish I would have taken a screenshot but Sat I ended about an hour from home so I put DF on both to take me back to north NJ by NY border and I get a 52 min away Lyft ping LOL! .. Ramapo College! LOL ... that was hilarious ... who said DF doesn't work? it was totally on the way! LOL

jerseycrooner

Our driver group decided to take a vacation from Lyft as we are fed up with complaining about the usual litany of issues with them : Too many minors, mainly needy, annoying cheap ass, no tippers as passengers, 50% of all rides ending in dangerous hood locations with broken streets, a DF that never works, the super annoying reminders about not accepting ride requests, and the endless pings to drive 25 minutes for free to NW NJ to pick up Lyft Line Johnny Bonghead who wants to be brought down the street to 7-11 to buy some cheese doodles.

But having driven just Uber for the last week or so, it seems like Uber in NJ is turning into Lyft. I counted at least 20 requests for rides from 25 minutes away or longer in NW NJ over the weekend (and I only drove about six hours) There was an endless litany of Uber Pool requests from the hood, especially when I was sitting in the middle of a surge. Now Uber are starting with their own version of the annoying e mails about "we notice you have not been accepting many rides recently".
One problem with Lyft is that it allows PAX to use pre-paid debit cards. Those are the cards you can buy at Walgreens and Walmart. That brings out the worst passengers. Lyft passengers are also often riders banned from Uber.

Ride-Share-Risk-Manager

One problem with Lyft is that it allows PAX to use pre-paid debit cards. Those are the cards you can buy at Walgreens and Walmart. That brings out the worst passengers. Lyft passengers are also often riders banned from Uber.

That is also why there are so many minors on Lyft with their own account. We discovered that our 13 year old niece had set up her own Lyft account using her cell phone and a visa gift card that she got for her batmitzvah. All Lyft ask is that the new account holder state that they are over 18. Lyft are so desperate for customers that they will sign up as many ghetto people and minors as possible.

Ardery

Either way I only accept poo if I'm on a DF or it's a decent surge. No matter how slow it is I am not driving 25 minutes to pick up anyone.
I'll drive 10 min maximum to pick up a passenger.

That is also why there are so many minors on Lyft with their own account. We discovered that our 13 year old niece had set up her own Lyft account using her cell phone and a visa gift card that she got for her batmitzvah. All Lyft ask is that the new account holder state that they are over 18. Lyft are so desperate for customers that they will sign up as many ghetto people and minors as possible.
they don't willingly sign up underage passengers. if the person lies about their age, how would Lyft know?

but if anybody looks underage... ask for ID. always.

oh man... WHAT would ban a passenger from the Uber platform? this I want to know...

UberSchmuber

Lyft's "you will have a better chance of getting a ride here" message makes me laugh.
First, it will send you from an area with a low concentration of drivers to the ant hill called Asbury Park in the middle of a weekday. And even better, yesterday I had an EWR to Briarcliff Manor XL run, so I shot across to Greenwich to try and get a ride south and there was the message, wanting to direct me to Stamford! At least it didn't try to send me to Bridgeport.

UberSchmuber

North Jersey is surely the land of poo.
I found out Eastern CT is the land of Poo Cancellations. I had my DF on and had 2 poos that got impatient, AFTER enough time had expired to get the Cancellation Fee. One was at Greenwich High School; spoiled brat couldn't wait! I could collect poo cancellation fees all day long!