• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Is uber a job?

GTADriver

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
passenger hires me i drive passenger to point b. sounds like a job to me. so why cant we put caps in our cities so that we can earn at least min wage

ColumbusRides

Who doesn't earn min wage?? Really, if you're not earning min wage in your market, then you are doing something wrong. My market, about $25-$30 per hour, well above the $11 per hour minimum wage.
I saw an earlier post you made about working prime hours, quest promos and other stuff, its the same for me

amazinghl

Who doesn't earn min wage?? Really, if you're not earning min wage in your market, then you are doing something wrong. My market, about $25-$30 per hour, well above the $11 per hour minimum wage.
People that do UberEats in my market, the minimal for a trip is less than $3 and you can only make 2.5 trip per hour max.

Ssgcraig

People that do UberEats in my market, the minimal for a trip is less than $3 and you can only make 2.5 trip per hour max.
Ubereats only of course, I am referring to Uber as a whole. If your only doing 25 percent of Uber, of course your not going to make minimum wage.

Atom guy

Yeah, I don't see how anyone could do Eats full time and make any money. As a fill in when rides are slow, ok I guess.
Post automatically merged:

Uber is a job if you treat it like one. If you're lazy and picky, you'll end up sitting around not making any money. But if you set yourself a regular schedule, find the busy areas and service them, work whatever angles there are for extra money (surge, Quest, etc), then you can make some money at it.

I_Like_Spam

passenger hires me i drive passenger to point b. sounds like a job to me. so why cant we put caps in our cities so that we can earn at least min wage

Your conclusion is correct, although how you got there was wrong.

Uber hires you to drive their customers from where they are to where they want to be. The customers pay Uber.

Fozzie

It is a gig. If you are trying to make it into a job, it will be a hard one.
A "gig" is still a job, just a temporary one with a specific end goal. What is your specific end goal that signals your end to working this gig?
Post automatically merged:

Uber is a job if you treat it like one. If you're lazy and picky, you'll end up sitting around not making any money. But if you set yourself a regular schedule, find the busy areas and service them, work whatever angles there are for extra money (surge, Quest, etc), then you can make some money at it.
One of the things that keeps some of us around is the flexibility that allows us to work without setting a schedule, etc. I turn on the app and wait at home for filters to deliver runs to me. I have no quests to chase, and I'm not going to chase $3 flat "surges." All things considered, the money is enough to keep me driving. (for now)

Last edited: