IS THIS UBER LEGAL? PLEASE HELP

Ubermcbc

Looks like it's another way to steal money from the pax, show it to them that it's been paid to the drivers and later reclaim it back in the name of adjustments. Wow.

FLKeys

Show us the route you took. How do we know you did not long hual? If you took a proper route, head over to a hub to get it straightened out.

Jamie Vegas

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It does not matter if I long haul, I asked uber and they stated that what I make and what the rider pays are separate.

AveragePerson

It does not matter if I long haul, I asked uber and they stated that what I make and what the rider pays are separate.
so you long hauled. What you make and what riders pay are indeed separate. However, your contract with Uber is you won't long haul, and because you did, Uber got the right to adjust your pay.

Ssgcraig

Of course it matters, you're gouging the rider. Another one who thinks the rules do not apply to them and then when caught, cry foul.

Atom guy

You have to take a legitimate route to the destination, you can't just drive randomly around to add miles. For me that is usually taking the highway route vs the local roads that Uber's navigation would have me take. And most of the time, even when I take the longer route, Uber is STILL making at least 30%, so they are really railing the passengers.

How do you even turn a near minimum fare trip into a $29 trip anyway?!

Z129

-:- * -:- * -:- * -:-
What Uber means by that is that you get paid by time and mileage, while Uber charges the passengers based on their own algorithm. You do not pay Uber 20%/25% of the fare total, but rather you pay Uber 20%/25% of the Per-Minute and Per-Mile charge.

Jamie Vegas

It was a pool ride and the second passenger's destination was closer, but the first was dropped off first due to the time in my car I believe

Woohaa

Like Neil Young used to sing "keep long haulin' in the free world!"

(or at least he should have sang it)

25rides7daysaweek

Apparantly it does make a difference if you make a 5 minute trip take an hour. You sir are about to become the King of the Deactivated Longhaulers!!!!! I bow before you for trying to get away with that BS!!!

Woohaa

You have to take a legitimate route to the destination, you can't just drive randomly around to add miles.
Dude, no one can get me to believe he didn't already know that. The guy just tried to gouge the customer and got denied. Now I understand WHY he did it. But to become indignant about it once his little scheme was foiled teeters on the absurd in a wonderfully comedic way.

Jamie Vegas

The best way for a group of people to be heard, is to have a collaborative effort of drivers stand up to what's right.