Is this the Sign of the Titanic(Uber Driving Opportunity) about to Sink?

Mystikal

I've done over 11k Uber & 10k Lyft Trips in 3.5 years...all here in Chicago...

The writing has been in the wall...I've made less money every year...with fewer Opportunities to make good money...what I considered were 50-60 peak driving hours(where you can make $30/hr vs Non-Peak - make $15-$20/hr) to about 30-40 peak driving hours...

Is this a sign of the impending changes to come...

I knew things couldn't last with Uber losing money...

First...I see no Quest Offers this week...

Second...no consecutive trip bonuses this week...

Third...Couldn't even get a DF on Monday AM rush hour...(At least they stopped trying to rob us of 30%-40% on DF trips)

Fourth...My earnings per hour have been roughly 50% this week...(typically earn $25-$30 including Bonus, Tips, Incentives, etc)

It could just be me...

Is it me...Has Uber's Surge been almost non-existent since after Monday Rush Hour?

Is it just me feeling like this week has been your worst in Uber Driving history?

Please let me know...

Also let me know
-how long you've been driving,
-# of trips driven,
-avg hourly earning(including tips, bonus, incentive)

Tony JACKSON

I've been experiencing the same. I drive during the daytime only and live in Chicago, and I've seen a similar declines in income. I've been driving over 2 1/2 years with close to 4000 trips. My avg hrly earnings have been hovering around 21-22 dollars the last few months and I drive X/XL.

sUBERbs

Ive been driving 9 months, average 20-25 an hour. Outliers are 30+ or 15-
2200 trips.

This week has been okay, but only in limited hours. I recently changed my work schedule and can't drive the bread and butter eam hours due to having to drop kids off at school. If it's slow i go home and try again later. Ive been doing more airport camping during slow hours as well. Those trips are keeping my average up, but you know what the lot looks like.

Mystikal

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I also drive X/XL...

When I compute my hourly...I also count the dead driving to go near higher surging areas, and my drive home when I don't get destination trip...

While I see some surge prices...
-The area that surges is smaller
-The prices aren't very high
-The Surge Price doesn't lastl long

It's amazing how just seeing surge would make me "feel" better...not seeing it when it would normally be there, makes me feel "sick"...

I've been planning my exit from Uber & Lyft...I'm going to shift my time to stop driving in the next 30 days if there is no significant changes in the compensation, incentives, surge opportunities...

Once you factor expenses of Driving Uber besides Time(Gas, Depreciation, taxes, etc.) Let's say you were making $25/hr Gross. Let's say your expense factor is $5/hr...That's $20/hr net...

If this trend continues and reduces someone's Hourly Gross just $5/hr...to $20/hr Gross, with $5/hr expense factor...That's $15/hr net...

25% pay cut to your Take Home...

If it reduces someones hourly by $10/hr...to $15/hr gross, with $5/hr expense factor...That's $10/hr net...

50% pay cut to your Take Home...

Uber Employees dont see a pay cut when rides don't surge, when incentives get reduced/eliminated all together...

But the writing is so much clearer...

THANK YOU Uber...its a good run while it lasted!

PS
had a passenger yesterday and she said her boyfriend does Uber Eats...says he making much less than when he started 9 months ago...

Same Problem!
Post automatically merged:

WTF...Did they read my post...

They added a new Quest Incentive into my account...

Not much, $55 for 35 rides...for the whole week...

I usually over last 6 months would get 2 Quest Opportunities
M-Th for $55-$90
Fri-Sun $55-115

& they always have consecutive trips in addition...I averaged $200-$350 in bonuses (CT, Quest) before counting Surge or Tips...

I'm sorry but $55 for 35 rides for the week doesn't motivate me to drive Uber...

Last edited:

EddieG

As a part timer, roughly 10 hours per week, my hourly take has gone up a bit this year. I never actually relied on surge and getting it was hit or miss for me, so the new surge structure and knowing the length of the trip beforehand has helped my hourly rate. I still get quest and consecutive trip promos every week, not that great, but nonetheless, I still receive them. When I drive during the week, I make around $25/hour and on the weekends I average around $30/hour. I no longer take any trips more than 20 minutes, unless needed for a consecutive trip promo and the only time I take pools is when it's the 2nd or 3rd trip during a consecutive trip promo. Since I don't drive fulltime and the Uber acceptance rate takes a day or 2 to catch up, when it gets below 85% I switch over to Lyft until my acceptance rate on Uber gets back above 85%.

Ping.Me.More

Third...Couldn't even get a DF on Monday AM rush hour...(At least they stopped trying to rob us of 30%-40% on DF trips)
Clever how they announced DF resumption without penalty, on April 15th . . that was the day before they would have paid drivers a stipend for the prior week, for not using DF. A cool way for them to stiff drivers for their final week's DF stipend. Why am I not surprised by the timing of the announcement?

Funkeetooown

They paid $5.90
I got $5.90 this week, too.

As far as the original question; this week has been horribly slow apart from Monday, and I only think that Monday was busy because of all the cancelled flights from Sunday. My guess is it has something to do with Easter this week. There isn't a lot of traffic on the roads; I took a trip from mag mile down to Chatham yesterday during rush hour and was there in under 40 minutes, felt like going home so I turned the app off and I didn't hit the brakes once from when I got on 94 until my exit at Fullerton. Also had a trip from the loop to ORD this morning around 5:30 that was under 20 minutes.

bpm45

it's going to get even worse.

Since Uber and Lyft are public, they gotta increase ride count and decrease cost every quarter. Riders won't pay more, Uber execs want their stock options in the green. That only leaves the drivers to squeeze. And Uber still has plenty of drivers.
They don't do options. Restricted stock.

DrinkSoda

I got $5.90 this week, too.

As far as the original question; this week has been horribly slow apart from Monday, and I only think that Monday was busy because of all the cancelled flights from Sunday. My guess is it has something to do with Easter this week. There isn't a lot of traffic on the roads; I took a trip from mag mile down to Chatham yesterday during rush hour and was there in under 40 minutes, felt like going home so I turned the app off and I didn't hit the brakes once from when I got on 94 until my exit at Fullerton. Also had a trip from the loop to ORD this morning around 5:30 that was under 20 minutes.
CPD and most likely private schools are on break this week. Only time I drove this week was Monday morning. Cashed in on the airport demand and CTA blue line issues.

leroy jenkins

CPD and most likely private schools are on break this week. Only time I drove this week was Monday morning. Cashed in on the airport demand and CTA blue line issues.
Chicago is the ultimate Christmas-Easter city (among people who say they're Christians).

Everyone suddenly remembers they should head to church at least once a year.

Don't drive on Easter----unless you really want to. save it for Monday 4am rush.

Stlman

If you are here in Chicago like I am you should keep up with what’s going on and that is CPS is on spring break so duhh your going to see more drivers out and a little less demand than normal also Sunday is Easter people take a full week off also it’s nice out people walk or take public transit. Use your brain stop complaining. Every time there is a slower week you babies here cry like it’s the end of the world learn and know your market and if something isn’t working change it up

Mystikal

Facts are Facts...

Stick your own head in the sand...or turn up the music as the titanic sinks...

Of course, I can see if I was on here everyday, week...complaining about Uber...

What are your numbers(facts)?

Good luck!

If you are here in Chicago like I am you should keep up with what’s going on and that is CPS is on spring break so duhh your going to see more drivers out and a little less demand than normal also Sunday is Easter people take a full week off also it’s nice out people walk or take public transit. Use your brain stop complaining. Every time there is a slower week you babies here cry like it’s the end of the world learn and know your market and if something isn’t working change it up

New guy65

Facts are Facts...

Stick your own head in the sand...or turn up the music as the titanic sinks...

Of course, I can see if I was on here everyday, week...complaining about Uber...

What are your numbers(facts)?

Good luck!
The facts are
This week has been slow according to anyone who has replied
Everyone has a reason for why they believe it’s the case
You say you have 21k rides in 3 1/2 years so if you drive every single day you average almost 17 rides per day so you probably should know the patterns
The number of rides others have also shouldn't mean dick to you as you should have your own plan it’s only a matter of time before someone says no screenshot on the rides and it never happened

You also should have gotten a couple of grand in cash from Uber and Lyft for your career rides. Take the money and go to the beach

Mystikal

Thanks, sound like Charlie Brown's teacher...
?wah ?wah ?wah...
?wah ?wah ?wah...

Oooh... you want to see my screen shots...

Damn some of the drivers are Funny as hell

Peace out...

The facts are
This week has been slow according to anyone who has replied
Everyone has a reason for why they believe it’s the case
You say you have 21k rides in 3 1/2 years so if you drive every single day you average almost 17 rides per day so you probably should know the patterns
The number of rides others have also shouldn't mean dick to you as you should have your own plan it’s only a matter of time before someone says no screenshot on the rides and it never happened

You also should have gotten a couple of grand in cash from Uber and Lyft for your career rides. Take the money and go to the beach