Is this normal for Lyft?

SandyD

Hi,

So I got approved for Lyft middle of last week. In all fairness it was delayed was because my van needed an air freshener according to Lyft (when the mentor came out I had just removed a bale of HAY from the back - and I thought it smelled *wonderful* in there. But that's just me :wink: ). So I sent in my air-freshener proof-of-purchase and waited. I only found out I was approved because I logged into the app - no welcome email was received that I can see. The app spouted some "welcome to Lyft you're approved" message.

Since then there has been very little in the way of communication.
Nothing about badging requirements (I've received none).
Nothing about airport rules / requirements.
An email encouraging me to drive at Peak Times with a nifty chart - indicating peak times on July 4 were 8am-9am.
Not much else.

If I were not already an Uber driver, I would know nothing at all. How sad is that? Is this normal?

Adieu

Hi,

So I got approved for Lyft middle of last week. In all fairness it was delayed was because my van needed an air freshener according to Lyft (when the mentor came out I had just removed a bale of HAY from the back - and I thought it smelled *wonderful* in there. But that's just me :wink: ). So I sent in my air-freshener proof-of-purchase and waited. I only found out I was approved because I logged into the app - no welcome email was received that I can see. The app spouted some "welcome to Lyft you're approved" message.

Since then there has been very little in the way of communication.
Nothing about badging requirements (I've received none).
Nothing about airport rules / requirements.
An email encouraging me to drive at Peak Times with a nifty chart - indicating peak times on July 4 were 8am-9am.
Not much else.

If I were not already an Uber driver, I would know nothing at all. How sad is that? Is this normal?
With Uber, they told me to go sign up station...which sent me home to sign up first. And told ne they were closed tomorrow.

Then they approved me, and I went online. Some Circley thkng appeared kn my phone then told me where to go...that was it.

Didnt even know to swipe some of uners controls till pax showed me.

Carena

Your mentor is supposed to tell you all that. Mine was great but since I signed up to drive 2 years ago and never actually met my mentor to 2 years later I never got a welcome package or signage. I rather no have it so no one knows I'm a driver. Passenger already has pics of me and my car so I'm good on everything else.

vesolehome

The mentor is a joke. Mine was ridiculous. I asked her if I should bring water and she said, save your money. She told me the areas to stay out of because they were "ratings killers". I could get this chatter from any driver on this board. I had been driving for Uber at this point for a while and found it really unnecessary.

Adieu

The mentor is a joke. Mine was ridiculous. I asked her if I should bring water and she said, save your money. She told me the areas to stay out of because they were "ratings killers". I could get this chatter from any driver on this board. I had been driving for Uber at this point for a while and found it really unnecessary.
Your stealth interviewer hinted that she's passing you, even imparted some free tips upon rubber stamping you, and you're unhappy?

Also, Lyft =/= Uber. Especially in same area.

vesolehome

Your stealth interviewer hinted that she's passing you, even imparted some free tips upon rubber stamping you, and you're unhappy?

Also, Lyft =/= Uber. Especially in same area.
I wasn't unhappy. I could care less. What I didn't like was having to drive across town to her and she could care less. Why bother then.

kcandrive

I got all my info from my Mentor session. He was awesome and gave me ALOT of info. Each day after the session while waiting for my background check I received daily emails from Lyft, and then an email saying I was approved. Maybe check into it?

Uber48208

I never got an email or text telling me I passed my background check either. I found out by logging on the app one day. My mentor was okay but honestly I've learned almost everything I know from reading these boards for almost a month and a half before signing up.