Inshur

Is this legal???

So this is a good thing for Uber?

(NPCC) claims that its ability to tackle drug dealing, human trafficking and child sexual exploitation would be hindered if it lost such “data and support”.

:frown:

Ubend R.S.

Regardless of legality, in my view this is worrying.
If you remember how hard uber fought not to hand over personal data in the States its doubtful this has a shred of truth.

Redman3

To fight crimes, I am happy uber passes my details to the police.
Sorry but I think you are an idiot. Not everyone is a criminal in fact most of us are honest hard working people.why should uber provide my details to anyone if I have committed no crime! ! Do you not value your privacy? Its a basic right we ought to defend.
Post automatically merged:

Sorry but I think you are an idiot. Not everyone is a criminal in fact most of us are honest hard working people.why should uber provide my details to anyone if I have committed no crime! ! Do you not value your privacy? Its a basic right we ought to defend.

Redman3

You are wro
Well, the criminals say the same thing. A criminal in court, found guilty, was saying: "God my witness, I am innocent". Only criminals are sensitive to police.
[/QUOTE
I guess its a cultural difference ,in Europe its very different,people value their privacy nothing to do with the police.
I guess Iam wasting my time trying to explain a concept you clearly don't understand.

MEATIE

As stated on another thread , fake news , was not discussed in court .

If this was in fact true Uber have just admitted to breaking the law again as it is illegal to hand over personal tracking information without a court order , just shot themself in the foot by getting their papers to print this :smiles:

R.M.Ahmad

people value their privacy

to hide the the crimes they committed.

Well, now time for me to go to prepare my dinner. I have been fasting since yesterday dinner. I am going to have raw fruits and vegetables and cooked lentils, chickpeas, spinach and mushroom.

Last edited:

SwissToni

If true. Then we probably agreed to allow Uber to use our data in so many ways it will be hidden in the small print upon signing up. I rarely read the miniture fonted stuff.

bistander

If true. Then we probably agreed to allow Uber to use our data in so many ways it will be hidden in the small print upon signing up. I rarely read the miniture fonted stuff.
Same here, and even if you did take the time to read it, I doubt that you would understand it, unless you were a QC or the like.

Miuipixel

The entire Uber shit is illegal. Last night a follow on job gave my rider a heart attack, she said touching your phone is illegal while driving. I told her tell that to Uber for not sending follow on jobs. After that i click on stop new requests when pob

bistander

The entire Uber shit is illegal. Last night a follow on job gave my rider a heart attack, she said touching your phone is illegal while driving. I told her tell that to Uber for not sending follow on jobs. After that i click on stop new requests when pob
are there aliens among us? :biggrin:

SwissToni

I agree 100% - why should the state have the automatic right to impact our privacy.

If you remember under Tony Blair a huge wave of repressive anti-terror legislation was enacted, surveillance technology increased exponentially, the UK has the highest concentration of surveillance cameras in the whole of Europe. It was supposed to protect us from the threat of terrorism (more people die crossing road). The very same terrorists that Blair and his mate Bush CREATED and brought to our doorstep. This enactment shifted the power away from the individual towards the state, this same infrastructure and power has been hi-jacked and misused by the authorities, it is no longer just for "possible" threat from terrorism but to keep tabs on ordinary people. Each of us at present are probably on more that at minimum 10 major government databases.Covid-19 is going to make justification for increased surveillance even easier.

Our freedom and privacy is continually under threat, so to relinquish further freedoms without question is morally wrong.
Benjamin Franklin: “Those who give up liberty for security deserve neither.”
And as Woolfie (citizen Smith) said: Come on you Tooting front, come the revolution brothers...

Ubend R.S.

I agree 100% - why should the state have the automatic right to impact our privacy.

If you remember under Tony Blair a huge wave of repressive anti-terror legislation was enacted, surveillance technology increased exponentially, the UK has the highest concentration of surveillance cameras in the whole of Europe. It was supposed to protect us from the threat of terrorism (more people die crossing road). The very same terrorists that Blair and his mate Bush CREATED and brought to our doorstep. This enactment shifted the power away from the individual towards the state, this same infrastructure and power has been hi-jacked and misused by the authorities, it is no longer just for "possible" threat from terrorism but to keep tabs on ordinary people. Each of us at present are probably on more that at minimum 10 major government databases.Covid-19 is going to make justification for increased surveillance even easier.

Our freedom and privacy is continually under threat, so to relinquish further freedoms without question is morally wrong.
And as Woolfie (citizen Smith) said: Come on you Tooting front, come the revolution brothers...
I'd have more respect for everything you just said if your boss wasn't an ap.
I've spoken to people that shudder at the thought of signing up to Uber et al. An Australian lawyer who worked in international data law said why would she tell strangers when and she goes everyday. She was horrified at the lax view to personal data, especially over hear.

R.M.Ahmad

If I became PM of this country I would take the finger print of every British Citizen.
In this way I get rid of crimes especially drugs.

Possibly he was a drug dealer.