Is this illegal or just ridiculous

Seahawk3

So as you see in the picture there's this guy locally that has a Lyft/Uber taxi emblem is that legal or just ridiculous. my guess is it isn't legal but it looks absolutely insane. Why would anyone do that to there personal car. I dont have any trade dresses as it's not required in my city.

Attachments

DriverMark

Laws about those thing differ from state to state. Like trade dress, have to have it hear if you hit the airport or you will get cited. And at the end of the day I'm sure it helps PAX find you faster.

I won't use something like that as I have the Lyft Amp. That is sufficient. Minus the idiots that are like: "I saw the Lyft sign and didn't think you were my driver." ..... yea .... ok ...... so the big white UBER sign right there didn't give you clue I guess.

Last edited:

Jake Air

So as you see in the picture there's this guy locally that has a Lyft/Uber taxi emblem is that legal or just ridiculous. my guess is it isn't legal but it looks absolutely insane. Why would anyone do that to there personal car. I dont have any trade dresses as it's not required in my city.
The driver might as well really do it up and paint his/her vehicle half Uber black and half Lyft pink....you know, kind of the same way they painted this Sacramento cop car. lol

capcopcar1.jpg

swathdiver

So as you see in the picture there's this guy locally that has a Lyft/Uber taxi emblem
It's quite possible that the sign is magnetic with internal batteries. We used to sell an amber emergency light with strobing capability that you could stick anywhere metal and run them without worrying about it falling off.

brentb31

It's quite possible that the sign is magnetic with internal batteries. We used to sell an amber emergency light with strobing capability that you could stick anywhere metal and run them without worrying about it falling off.
I have one of these, but it is powered by my 12V adapter. I use it for pick up at concerts, sporting events, etc. Helps pax see me so I can get in and out.

Ssgcraig

If it looks like a duck and waddles like a duck it’s probably a duck

We act like a cab why not look like one
Because I don't want MY car looking like a cab, very big difference. When I am driving someone elses vehicle, it can look like the pooch van on Dumber and Dumber for all I care.

oldfart

Because I don't want MY car looking like a cab, very big difference. When I am driving someone elses vehicle, it can look like the pooch van on Dumber and Dumber for all I care.
Like it or not your car is, in essence, a cab, or a vehicle for hire. And a source of income for you. Why not advertise the fact

Taksomotor

Like it or not your car is, in essence, a cab, or a vehicle for hire. And a source of income for you. Why not advertise the fact
Because it is not. I drive when I feel like it, and dont drive when I don't feel like it. And it is not a cab, it is my personal vehicle that I use for my personal needs. I don't want anyone to wave to me from the curb fetching a ride, so why would I advertise Uber or Lyft? They have their own budget for that, advertising is not my goal.