Is this an app bug (surge)

Fuges

Newish driver first post.

While I understand that when driving into a surge with a pax I will not get the surge for the pax. But an interesting thing has happened three times here in Seattle. I picked up a rider in a $4.50 surge and dropped them off in another surge area. Prior to dropping them off I received a ping and accepted the rider because I was in a surge. But in none of the cases did I receive the surge for the second ping, so I've started declining the rides until after I drop off the first pax (these are not pool riders).

The second pax should be treated like a fresh pickup with surge, no?

TomTheAnt

If the ping doesn't show a surge, there is no surge. Fake surge clouds are very common functionality with Uber. Probably can now be considered as a feature rather than a glitch... :mad:

25rides7daysaweek

While I understand that when driving into a surge with a pax I will not get the surge for the pax. But an interesting thing has happened three times here in Seattle. I picked up a rider in a $4.50 surge and dropped them off in another surge area. Prior to dropping them off I received a ping and accepted the rider because I was in a surge. But in none of the cases did I receive the surge for the second ping, so I've started declining the rides until after I drop off the first pax (these are not pool riders).

If the second ping qualifies for a surge it will have the $$ amount on the request. If it's out of the area you wont get surge amount just because its surging where your dropoff was.

Fuges

If the ping doesn't show a surge, there is no surge. Fake surge clouds are very common functionality with Uber. Probably can now be considered as a feature rather than a glitch... :mad:

It wasn't a fake surege for sure. If I decline and then pick up the first rider after dropping off the previous rider, I will get the surge, but if I accept prior to dropping off the rider it does not give me the surge. It treats it almost like an additional pool rider. Well, not "almost", exactly
Post automatically merged:

If the second ping qualifies for a surge it will have the $$ amount on the request. If it's out of the area you wont get surge amount just because its surging where your dropoff was.

I was smack dab in middle of the surge. I never left a surge area (although the surge was different). If I accept the ride with a pax still in the car I don't get the surge. If I decline the ride and drop off the pax then my next ride has the surge. Seems like an app bug to me

Uber Crack

Author
It's not an app bug. It happens to all of us. The surge is in a certain radius. There are individuals outside of that radius who need rides too. Uber puts that ping out there. New drivers who don't understand what's going on take the ping outside the radius. That ride does not qualify for surge.
25 rides is correct. Uber can be tricky. Look out for yourself. :smiles:

Fuges

It's not an app bug. It happens to all of us. The surge is in a certain radius. There are individuals outside of that radius who need rides too. Uber puts that ping out there. New drivers who don't understand what's going on take the ping outside the radius. That ride does not qualify for surge.
25 rides is correct. Uber can be tricky. Look out for yourself. :smiles:

I was not outside the surge. I was smack in deep red when I picked up the rider at $7.50 surge and never left a surge area and dropped off in the middle of a $4.25 surge but because I accepted the rider with the pax in the car it didn't give me the surge. Had I dropped off the pax first and then got a ping I would have had the surge.

Uber Crack

Author
It doesn't matter whether you're IN the surge or not... Is the new pick up address in the surge? That's what's relevant. Also sometimes the surge has run its course and is over.

If you believe your pick up address was in the surge then it should have had the $$ amount on the acceptance screen. It's your choice to accept a ping or not. I hope that helps. Sorry you feel shafted.

No Prisoners

Since Uber implemented fix$ sticky surge when you go through a surge area you pick up the surge amount. Then on the first ride you get the surge. Of course make sure surge amount shows on ping.
After completing the ride the app continues to show the surge amount at the bottom. Consequently drivers think that they will get the surge upon accepting the next ride.
Guess what. The surge now won't apply to the next ride unless you're in a surge zone.
Uber does this to mislead drivers into accepting rides.
After calling and arguing with them several times, finally someone said it was a glitch and they were working on trying to fix it. That was months ago.

The fact is that Uber is using fake surge messages to manipulate drivers. It's just another mind game to condition unsuspecting drivers to their desired response.

Atom guy

Whenever I accept a sure trip I immediately stop requests for this very reason. You can get a surge trip request while already on a trip, but you have no way to know if that surge amount is the best you could have gotten if you'd driven to a slightly different location. Plenty of times I've had a surge trip request come in for say +$2.25, which I declined, and when I got to the destination for my current passenger saw that I was in a +$4.50 zone. As for the fake surge zones, that's a glitch thats been happening for a while, and I've had to restart the app to get an updated surge map

No Prisoners

Uber also not refreshing screens after surge is over. They do this to manipulate drivers into staying in the area.
You have to log off, close app and go back on.