• Yes

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Don't care

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Better chance to give ants larger tickets

Votes: 5 31.3%

Is this a real chance to Opt Out of LAX pickups with the NEW LAX placards?

2K views 24 replies 15 participants last post by  UberLean 
#1 ·
Many of you will be getting this fine Fuber email to verify your mailing address. Will answering "no, I don't want a placard" let a driver Opt Out of LAX pick-ups? Thoughts?
Product Azure Font Screenshot Rectangle
Font Rectangle Parallel Terrestrial plant Screenshot

See less See more
#19 ·
You can't Opt out of LAX trips but you can cancel before you start the trip, if you are smart enough to cancel using "too much luggage". If you just cancel a few LAX trips any other way, you'll get the highly secretive " Improper Use Identified" notification, with no way to find out what you've done wrong.

If you dump a couple of LAX trips within one or two days, Fuber will subtract any Quest bonus you've qualified, and will give you a Quest timeout for a week.

Anyone know a lawyer that would accept a case like this? Drivers are not really Independent Contractors as Fuber claims, as they are secretive with their "Improper Use Identified, when you just don't want to battle LAX and your entitled Pax files a complaint. View attachment 205864
Some drivers on UP have opted out of LAX pings. Uber will do that if one is persistent. Personally, I take them. Done right there is money in long surge trips to the LAX.

Rejecting the ride.
But how do you know it's an LAX trip at the 'No Thanks' stage of a ping?

#21 ·
You can't Opt out of LAX trips but you can cancel before you start the trip, if you are smart enough to cancel using "too much luggage". If you just cancel a few LAX trips any other way, you'll get the highly secretive " Improper Use Identified" notification, with no way to find out what you've done wrong.

If you dump a couple of LAX trips within one or two days, Fuber will subtract any Quest bonus you've qualified, and will give you a Quest timeout for a week.

Anyone know a lawyer that would accept a case like this? Drivers are not really Independent Contractors as Fuber claims, as they are secretive with their "Improper Use Identified, when you just don't want to battle LAX and your entitled Pax files a complaint. View attachment 205864
Last week I was reported by a pax for improper dancing in the middle of the street.

#25 ·
When I bought another car, it was listed only as new vehicle for my license plates. I couldn't get airport rides until I provided my updated registration. Guess what? I kept it like that.

To hell with LAX rides. I make more money staying AWAY from LAX. Nothing worse than being pulled from a surge area for that one good LAX fair only to know that your screwed. You either hit the bullpen or drive through crazy traffic to try to get back in time.

Personally, I'm happy to never do an LAX run again!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.