Is this a new pax trend?

UberxGTA

What's going on???? After almost 2 years driving and thousands of rides, 2 new things happened this morning.
Woman asks me in a low mumbled tone, 'Can I eat my breakfast in the car?' what did she say???
She had just opened a plastic container as the 'scent' of curry wafts through the car. I shoot her the evil eye and ignore her. She mumbles 5 minutes later about needing to eat because of her stomach or bad digestion...I give her another look through the rv mirror and she gets the hint. Who eats curry for breakfast???
Another girl gets in the car and sits behind me. I hear some rustling of bags and then hear her eating toast bread for breakfast during the ride. Crunch, crunch, didn't even ask me.
Are drivers allowing pax to eat breakfast in their cars on the way to work?????
Please stop!!!!!

NFIH

Some passenger--no idea who--once left crushed and crumbled toast in the back seat pocket (like, on the back of the front seat). I discovered it, probably only days later, by accident.

I was gobsmacked wondering what kind of person would do this. Yet there it was.

Still, I do let people eat in the car. Ninety-nine percent of the time, they're very respectful and there are no issues. And they ask first about the same percentage of the time.

Now I probably just jinxed myself.

UberFunk

I just don't know about you guys, but I let my pax do anything they want, like eat, sleep or have sex or anything they want because I want those 5 stars rating, to be honest I never want them to eat, or do anything like that but I don't have a choice. I'm doing a taxi cab job so I have to man up and do whatever they want to do

Homer J

I just don't know about you guys, but I let my pax do anything they want, like eat, sleep or have sex or anything they want because I want those 5 stars rating, to be honest I never want them to eat, or do anything like that but I don't have a choice. I'm doing a taxi cab job so I have to man up and do whatever they want to do
HUH?????
You can't be serious!!!

Amun

You not only fail yourself as an adult and driver you fail all of the rest of us by reaffirming this behavior. Stop driving.

Bruce55

Somebody strangle this man.

biozon

You haven't passed the Taxi troll sniff test, mister :rolleyes:

Honestly, if there was no rating system, I would never allow these pax to eat in my car. Its not like they would tolerate if somebody ate in their car. The only reason they do is b/c you as the driver is scared would receive a low rating. Seriously, if there was no law & order I would honestly beat these shitheads with a heavy club. So annoying. They think just b/c uber drivers tend to be "nice" and "respectful" (c'mon we're only doing it for the 5 star rating, right guys?) that they can be rude and totally inconsiderate to the driver. Although I can't speak for all pax. I have had some good, respectful and nice pax. And then there are these @@@@@@@@ which you mentioned.

Have sex?? You sir/ ma'am have no dignity.

Jennyma

No one eats in my car. I don't even like smelly closed food in my car. Where are you finding these people. People with food wrapped up enter and say, don't worry it's closed. No one thinks they should be eating inside the car and if they were starving they would ask first. Then I say, I prefer if you didn't. If they have a short ride they are usually okay with it.

I imagine if it was someone with a long ride and they are about to faint, if it wasn't smelly and loose type of food. I might allow it.

UberFunk

Listen of you guys must have really bad ratings, we all have to take care of our pax otherwise uber will kick us out. I always say sorry to pax even when they are wrong Cuz I don't want that bad rating. I really want to bit ch sometime at the pax but i cant, cuz im not allowed, if i do im kicked out, if they file a complaint. Sometime I feel like I'm a slave for uber.. not sure how you guys are getting away with all of this stuff

Last edited:

UberxGTA

Stick to your taxi job . Pax love that funk on your back seats.

UberxGTA

Listen of you guys must have really bad ratings, we all have to take care of our pax otherwise uber will kick us out. I always say sorry to pax even when they are wrong Cuz I don't want that bad rating. I really want to bit ch sometime at the pax but i cant, cuz im not allowed, if i do im kicked out, if they file a complaint. Sometime I feel like I'm a slave for uber.. not sure how you guys are getting away with all of this stuff
Telling a pax off or kicking them out if they deserve it is well within your rights and uber backs you up on that. just report it asap and off to the next ride. You will not be deactivated for these things. Don't be a driver who lets pax treat them badly. That affects all of us.

autofill

Same here. If there's any mess left behind, it's gonna be a cleaning fee. You all need to take a look at the cleaning fee criteria again as uber changed it. I've got cleaning fee for pax leaving dirt from their shoes on my floor.

UberxGTA

'LOL you caught me. Good one.

P.s. I won't get rated. FUber shit box.

Now I feel must better had to take it out on someone expect uber customers. Shit head taxi driver.'

Are you sore because you applied to drive for uber but were rejected? Keep up the "good fight".

Last edited:

UberFunk

Nope not rejected just came from uber, made decent money but it was overall slow, got a rating of 4.77.

Last edited by a moderator: