Is there XL business in PB County

GaryWinFlorida

Upgraded to XL and barely getting any rides in Palm Beach County (Delray-Boca) ... 3 1/2 hours Sunday night without a single ping. Just had them add a new option so I can drive both XL+X, but isn't that defeating the purpose? I was getting a new car anyway, but spent significantly more to get an XL vehicle because the X rates are just ridiculous. Did I make a mistake???

Nope, you made the right decision, however you should be using both platform and knows when to switch to XL only. now you have increased your range of customers.

oviedouber

Upgraded to XL and barely getting any rides in Palm Beach County (Delray-Boca) ... 3 1/2 hours Sunday night without a single ping. Just had them add a new option so I can drive both XL+X, but isn't that defeating the purpose? I was getting a new car anyway, but spent significantly more to get an XL vehicle because the X rates are just ridiculous. Did I make a mistake???
If I spent a penny more for a better car to Uber, I'd shoot myself. You know another price drop is coming. Xl rates will be what X rates were a year ago.

GaryWinFlorida

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for your replies. I must be doing something wrong and totally understand if no one wants to share their secrets to getting more XL rides ... not looking to steal your rides LOL but really bummed that I get sooooo little XL business and need to be riding on x & xl pretty much every day/night except for Saturday nights. Now that I have a much larger and nicer vehicle, I hate taking X rides ... both for the ridiculous $$$ and the mere fact that on my dime, these riders are getting to ride in my premium vehicle often for $5 ... at my expense!

I look at the rider app constantly and see that most XL drivers are driving only on the XL platform ... yet if I do that I can go several hours without a request. I have still yet to receive an XL surge fare even though I have been driving in the middle of an XL surge sometimes for an hour or more. Still pretty much only getting XL rides on Saturday nights.

I do afternoons and evenings so I understand that I am missing out on a lot of airport trips, but again ... in the same hours I drive and in the same general areas it appears that most XL drivers are only accepting XL requests ... they must be getting ride requests or they wouldn't do it for more than a day.

Obviously Uber CS is completely useless with their cut and paste responses that don't even attempt to answer your question. Would appreciate any input from fellow PBC drivers, but again, don't expect specific "hot areas" that would put us in more direct competition, just a general idea of your experiences driving XL in PBC to see if I am just doing something blatantly wrong ... thanks!

Kaptain

Thanks for your replies. I must be doing something wrong and totally understand if no one wants to share their secrets to getting more XL rides ... not looking to steal your rides LOL but really bummed that I get sooooo little XL business and need to be riding on x & xl pretty much every day/night except for Saturday nights. Now that I have a much larger and nicer vehicle, I hate taking X rides ... both for the ridiculous $$$ and the mere fact that on my dime, these riders are getting to ride in my premium vehicle often for $5 ... at my expense!

I look at the rider app constantly and see that most XL drivers are driving only on the XL platform ... yet if I do that I can go several hours without a request. I have still yet to receive an XL surge fare even though I have been driving in the middle of an XL surge sometimes for an hour or more. Still pretty much only getting XL rides on Saturday nights.

I do afternoons and evenings so I understand that I am missing out on a lot of airport trips, but again ... in the same hours I drive and in the same general areas it appears that most XL drivers are only accepting XL requests ... they must be getting ride requests or they wouldn't do it for more than a day.

Obviously Uber CS is completely useless with their cut and paste responses that don't even attempt to answer your question. Would appreciate any input from fellow PBC drivers, but again, don't expect specific "hot areas" that would put us in more direct competition, just a general idea of your experiences driving XL in PBC to see if I am just doing something blatantly wrong ... thanks!
Too many XL vehicles on the road and not enough demand to keep all busy.

Check the concert and event schedules. Wait for the surge and then go online. Work XL only, except when X is surging.

GaryWinFlorida

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Pretty sure you can only see true surges in the rider app. Since I started monitoring the rider app I've noticed that the driver app is a total guesstimate ... if there's a surge on the rider app you'll see the lightning bolt over whichever of the 4 vehicle classes is actually surging ... if you tap the circle with the lightening bolt then you'll see the surge amount.