1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Is There Truth to Less Pings Near Quest Completion?

Discussion in 'UberEATS' started by StevenInRVA, Jan 11, 2018.

1. StevenInRVA

StevenInRVA Member

I'll be honest guys....when I saw people talking about slow pings near quest completions, I'd roll my eyes and think come on guys, it can't be THAT bad. You're exaggerating, right? SOOOOO......today, didn't get my first delivery for FORTY MINUTES! By the time I said screw this, I was online an hour and 43 minutes with ONE order, drove home which is downtown and even then didn't get another ping until pulling into my parking spot. So pretty much 2 deliveries in 2 hours......I know stuff can affect it like the nice weather today finally, more drivers trying to get the quest bonus etc....but 2 in 2 hours?!?! So is this real with them slowing down pings or was it just luck of the draw today?

EDIT: The quest is 50 in a week for $100. When I logged on this morning I needed 18. Yeah, still need 17 lol.

dogemuffins and uberboy1212 like this.
  2. uberboy1212

uberboy1212 Well-Known Member

It is absolutely true and they make it so obvious. Much like online blackjack being rigged though its impossible to prove. Dont underestimate how dirty this company is because they will try to cheat you any chance they get

Anytime you start a quest, try to get as much done as early as possible. I always try to finish a day early or leave only a few orders left for the last day. Ive always gotten fcked when I had 8+ on the last day. Its pretty obvious when you're not getting pings to finish a quest on Sunday the busiest day of the week

3. StevenInRVA

StevenInRVA Member

Well the joke's on them, I have nothing to do the next 3.5 days and only 17 more to do. About to head out now to hopefully get more than 1 an hour lol

uberboy1212 likes this.
  4. uberboy1212

Nice you’ll be fine with 17 they can’t make it blatantly obvious. Try to finish it up by Saturday. I’m about to head out again after dinner to chip away at my 85 (I’m at 48).

5. ClydeClyde

ClydeClyde Active Member

Every. Single. Time.

I live in Los Angeles. There is pretty much non-stop demand. I notice my pings get throttled when I'm ~2 away from reaching my Quest.

The most egregious time was when I went 2 hours without a ping. It was a Thursday night at 10:00pm. I was 2 away from getting my whopping $60 Quest. I had dropped off a couple in Silverlake (young, densely populated neighborhood) and driven back home to Hollywood (insanely populated neighborhood). Nothing. I was too tired to drive at that point and logged off.

Another time, I was one trip away from my Quest. Went a good 45+ minute without a ping. I finally got a Pool ping (which I normally don't accept), accepted it and was IMMEDIATELY paired with 2 additional riders.

I think there's more people out on Thursdays and Sundays trying to finish their own quests, but Uber definitely does all it can to not pay up.

6. StevenInRVA

StevenInRVA Member

Picking up order #5 2 hours in, wondering if the rain is helping or if today was just super slow.

7. Chris1973

Chris1973 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't doubt it.

8. StevenInRVA

StevenInRVA Member

Ended up with 8 in 3 hours. Maybe it was just a slow lunch day. Maybe.

9. uberboy1212

2 orders in 3 hours on a rainy friday. No way they letting me complete this one

10. dogemuffins

dogemuffins Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Last night I was stuck with one ride left at 10PM and two hours later I finally got one. Three pings in rapid succession after that one when I all I wanted to do is go to sleep, so obviously they did it on purpose. Demand didn't go from nothing to several in a row in the course of one 5 minute ride.

uberboy1212 likes this.
  11. Tbc007

Tbc007 Member

Guarantee you Uber does this. It’s another way for them to help “schedule” drivers... dangle that carrot a little further back and keep drivers on the road longer.

uberboy1212 likes this.
  12. uberboy1212

I pick up from Subway more than any other place (at least 3 per day). They are one of the few that partnered with Uber in my area do they are always busy and I’ve gotten real cool with them. I just picked up for the first time from them today and he said he was surprised he didn’t see me all day because they were so busy. I already knew but this really confirms this BS

13. StevenInRVA

StevenInRVA Member

I feel like they were throttling me again today. 3 orders in 2 hours in the pouring down rain??? Hmmm...... But it's all good, just need 6 more and I'm driving from 5pm-9pm tomorrow night!

uberboy1212 likes this.
  14. Goongpad77

Goongpad77 Member

Uber plays games it’s way obvious... the app is designed video game style with the quest BS. It’s all just to get you on the road. There was an article anout this a while back stating the video game approach to their system.

uberboy1212 likes this.
  15. islanders88

islanders88 Active Member

The algorithms can read your patterns and area of focus. I also used to work right out of home with pings coming on my way out to work. Guess what, not anymore. There are a bunch of busy restaurants close to where i live and it would keep be busy the entire shift . But since Jan 1, the algos were tweaked or something, now i have to scour out to different neighborhoods that i have never worked in before and start getting pings there to make any money. Some of the busiest restaurants where i would pickup 5 to 6 orders in a shift are all silent for me now and i see Uber feeding newbies to those restaurants and then telling me via email when i asked them what's going on, saying its demand and supply crap.

16. uberboy1212

This is the first week this has happened for me though. Just happens to be right after I hit 2 80/$160 quests. Now they bump it up to 85 trips and everything changes. Mon and tues were totally normal, I completed 30 orders and averaged $16/hr. The last 3 days Ive been struggling to get anything. Did 14 in almost 9 hours being online today. Ive been doing this over a year now so I can instantly tell when something is off. I need 21 trips by Sunday but Im going to be busy in the evening so Ill only have a few hours during the day to uber. Im not sweating it though Im used to the BS by now. Just ging to try my best and see what happens

17. islanders88

islanders88 Active Member

Absolutely, you can tell when the system is rigged. It's so obvious. The demand just doesn't die overnight. Although, they haven't stopped giving me the quests after Jan 1st, but the amount of pings have decreased drastically to the point where its impossible to achieve them unless i put in 12 hours a shift which i can't. I was online yesterday for two hours and I only got one ping, and with no further pings for the next 30 mins, the app tells me in notification that i might need to go OFFLINE since i have been online for so long without getting any pings. In the meantime, i know a guy who just signed up a few weeks ago, has been busy as hell since Jan 1, somehow he is a priority driver and i am not. Uber wants to retain newbies and part timers like him since pretty are most likely to quit in the first few weeks when they see the abysmal pay.

18. StevenInRVA

StevenInRVA Member

Boom!!! Take that, suckas!! Lol

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    uberboy1212, Goongpad77 and johnx like this.
  19. StevenInRVA

StevenInRVA Member

Sorry about that, should work now!

johnx likes this.
  20. StevenInRVA

StevenInRVA Member

Lmao, they're already like "Oh yeah? You think you got that quest? Here, try and get these".....

[​IMG]

Attached Files: