Inshur

Is there anyone who can speak the truth

LondonRide

Hello guys
I been reading in this forum for some time now. One thing i have noticed that most of people are very negetive about. They come up with loads of bad point and give a breakdown of their trip expenses and soforth. Then why are they still working for uber. One reason i can think of is they are lieing or they are just discouraging other drivers to join uber. Most of us have family kids to feed. And uber as a private hire driver is not going to make super rich so we need to be positive and share good info so others can benefit from it. Because everyone have their on luck. Just a thought came in mind so i shared it.

John John

Hello guys
I been reading in this forum for some time now. One thing i have noticed that most of people are very negetive about. They come up with loads of bad point and give a breakdown of their trip expenses and soforth. Then why are they still working for uber. One reason i can think of is they are lieing or they are just discouraging other drivers to join uber. Most of us have family kids to feed. And uber as a private hire driver is not going to make super rich so we need to be positive and share good info so others can benefit from it. Because everyone have their on luck. Just a thought came in mind so i shared it.
They are still working for Uber because they signed up to 3 year hire purchase contracts. The only way they can continue making repayments is by working for Uber doing 70+ hours.

uberR

Other then the black cab trolls on the forums most of the regular posters give you their honest response. And most on here prob don't even drive with Uber full time anymore if at all. Saying that if you look at the big picture you will most likely to have less then 1% of all PH drivers in London on this forum and half of them are BC trolls..

Aman1111

Hello guys
Truth always sound bitter..

The drivers only tell u the truth here with their experience..

6mile

I speak nothing but truth! Aunty jo has big nasty teeth and was abused as a child with braces...! All 4.8+ star drivers are called in for a good spanking by jo - I tell truth

UberLuxbod

Here is the truth

Self Employment means you are working for yourself.

You get out what you put in.

Put in more get out more.

Does anybody think the millionaire corporate lawyers are working 40hours?

No they will be doing more like 80hrs.

PH has always been about long hours due to the cyclical nature of the work.

Tube drivers and Bus drivers sometimes work split shifts.

They might do four hours in the morning, four hours of downtime then four hours in the afternoon.

They might do that 4/5 days a week.

Now does that mean the work 4/5 12hour days?

Or do they do 4/5 8 hour days?

LondonRide

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thats exactly was my point. In every trade as a self employed you have to work hard fair enough that we have to put more hours then used to but this is how world is more people more to share and divide its the same as plumbers or carpenter. But atleast there is a structure uber pays in account so its good for financially you can show as a prove of your income. We need to find positives

Spy & Mash

Hello guys
Just ask Clive he seems an honourable and honest fella but he may go about things in a roundabout way.

UberLuxbod

Thats exactly was my point. In every trade as a self employed you have to work hard fair enough that we have to put more hours then used to but this is how world is more people more to share and divide its the same as plumbers or carpenter. But atleast there is a structure uber pays in account so its good for financially you can show as a prove of your income. We need to find positives
If you go to any country in the world Taxi drivers work long hours.

There also isn't the differences between Taxi and PH that you see in London.

If you go to Ghana no Cabby has a SatNav, there is no AtoZ, till recently there were no street names or street signs.

(You can now get Google Maps but I never once saw a driver use them, punters did use it sometimes)

Imagine one of these Cabbies moves to London and becomes a PH driver.

According to some he is a SatNav slave.

But in Accra he could negotiate the City with nothing but what is in his head.

Is he any less of a driver now?

The only positive to PH is you can build your own business eventually.

Ever wondered why some people never leave an operator?

It's because they are looked after.

Those who can't find that niche have to work harder or smarter.

Some will do the KoL, some will get an Op Lic and get their own clients.

Every time a new way to make a half decent amount arrives somebody comes to mess it up

Look at Deliveroo, the hourly rates are being stopped and it is going drop price only.

Funnily enough at the same time as UberEats has joined the party.

Time to get an exit plan going, unless you are getting looked after.

And one reason some PH and Couriers do the KoL is because their earnings are no longer directly related to what the Controller dishes out.

Which was the initial positive of Uber.

Those days are now gone for good.

Hogster

Here is the truth

Self Employment means you are working for yourself.

You get out what you put in.

Put in more get out more.

Does anybody think the millionaire corporate lawyers are working 40hours?

No they will be doing more like 80hrs.

PH has always been about long hours due to the cyclical nature of the work.

Tube drivers and Bus drivers sometimes work split shifts.

They might do four hours in the morning, four hours of downtime then four hours in the afternoon.

They might do that 4/5 days a week.

Now does that mean the work 4/5 12hour days?

Or do they do 4/5 8 hour days?
When I worked split shifts on the railway we got paid for the 4 to 5 hours "downtime", so 4 or 5 hours each day was overtime

Split shifts died out in the early 1990's

6mile

Did you receive a nosh after your spanking 6mile?:rolleyes::biggrin:
Unfortunately my friends I never made it past 3 stars cause I never provided water, gum for stinky breaths, never offered aux for their music, didn't bother with expensive suits or even cheap ones for that matter cause earnings were taking a hammering - I moved on...! Aunty nasty big teeth jo did try to get me in to a private off the book meeting under the ref of "working lunch" but I knew better and from what had happened to keepitreal I stayed away...!

So for those of you wanting to get to uber Iftar - be wise...! By the way anyway went to that thing? Yalla

London UberExec Driver

LondonRide If you want my opinion, going by your other thread, I'd stay where you are, it looks like you're earning more than you would Uber.

You got cash jobs, nicer driving environment, probably better clientele given the area, and with your hackney licence you can take prebooked jobs.

Use social media - Facebook, LinkedIn to gain contacts and work , get involved with local community, stick notices in Starbucks and Sainsbury's etc., you can find work if you look for it.

I know a hackney from Harlow doing all this in a 57 plate Ford Galaxy, got a website, business cards and now getting decent long airport runs, all day as directed work, clients paying for his lunch. He's now looking for a Mercedes E-Class, as he's built up his clients and can justify getting one.

In his spare time he just works the ranks and getting paid £3-£4 a mile for it.

dsd

Workers in any " proffesion" are fully entitled to gripe and moan when their earnings drop 10-20%.

Telling cab /taxi drivers they need to work 20% longer hours to make up there money is outrageous. Do 16 hours a day ,WTF!!

Interesting you mention plumbers, roofers etc., Your a British born guy(of any colour) and the decent money you was earning is undercut by loads of guys coming into the country from abroad. And your saying don't moan, its the way of the world is BS. Think Brexit, there's the UK tradesmens response.

Chatted to a guy today, other day at 6am he went Feltham police stn area to Uxbridge with ADDLEE ( even though he tried uber first , no cars). £18 he paid. £18!!!! What bull crap price is that.
At least £30 b4 uber ruined the industry .
This is why cabbies moan!!