1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Is there anyone ubering with stick shift?

Discussion in 'People' started by Leonard818, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Kembolicous

Kembolicous Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    God. I used to drive stick and even 3 on the tree transmissions. Can't imagine having to rack thru the gears at every stop sign and traffic light again. Plus, it would seem that clutches would not last long, in Lyft/Uber use and I hate changing clutches! I would rather change fluid and filters every 30K. The last car I drove with stick was Honda Civic. What cramped junk. Give me a Town Car.

2. PCH5150

PCH5150 Well-Known Member

Manuals are great except for heavy traffic. My Uber car is automatic, but I've owned a 99 Honda Accord stick shift for a decade and it is actually better for snow, etc.

3. NorthernBelle

NorthernBelle Well-Known Member

Same here. 2011 Jetta manual.

4. Bean

Bean Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Thanks to all the driving I now do my shifting has become so smooth people think they're in an automatic. Even watching me shift, one guy refused to believe my car had a clutch. Glad I'll have improved at least one skill when I come out of this hehe

5. lesh11

lesh11 New Member

I have had several riders seem amazed. "Are you driving a stick!"

6. SandysSpot

SandysSpot New Member

2014 Toyota Corolla S - it's just as normal to drive as an automatic is for anyone else. If I drive an automatic, I'm always mashing down on the non-existent clutch LOL!

7. elelegido

elelegido Well-Known Member

Driving a manual and a Yaris and Uber. Must be a masochist.

PCH5150 likes this.
  8. rumbl

rumbl New Member

2006 Subaru Legacy, manual here. Been doing it since I started driving so it's not a hassle. I feel funny when I drive an automatic, my right hand reaches for the non-existant shift knob lol