• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Is there a way to reach “help” staff via email or chat?

wuber88

On Uber app, you can only call the help center if you need to get some help or have an issue to resolve. I am wondering if there is way to contact them via email (or chat or text)?
The reason is, I want to leave a “paper” (email) trail, a case profile, etc. so I don’t need to repeat the background info each time I contact them. I contacted them once regarding a promotion (or was not paid for one).
After calling the help center, the staffer there assured me it will be corrected and I will get paid for the promotion. Rest assured nothing happened. If I want to pursue this case, I have to call them again and repeat the whole process again. If this is done via email, I can just refer to the email trail.

SuzeCB

On Uber app, you can only call the help center if you need to get some help or have an issue to resolve. I am wondering if there is way to contact them via email (or chat or text)?
The reason is, I want to leave a “paper” (email) trail, a case profile, etc. so I don’t need to repeat the background info each time I contact them. I contacted them once regarding a promotion (or was not paid for one).
After calling the help center, the staffer there assured me it will be corrected and I will get paid for the promotion. Rest assured nothing happened. If I want to pursue this case, I have to call them again and repeat the whole process again. If this is done via email, I can just refer to the email trail.
Heh heh! So cute! You think that will make a difference!

Each email goes to a new rep that not only may be in a different country than the last one (India or Philippines), but will not bother looking at anything other than the one you sent to them. Not even if you cut & paste or forward.

If you can't get it straightened out in a single phone call, make a note of time & date you called and go to a GLH or Spot. Rohit's not going to be of any help.

If the amount isn't worth the time and trouble, save up the incidents, making sure to call and make notations for each one, and go when there are enough to make it worth it to you.

The DSR near you is going to be familiar with your area, traffic, and problems drivers in your area face. Some of them, trying to advance in the company, have to do a minimum of hours driving each month (and they can't not accept or cancel without a "defensible" reason). Others don't, but both hear drivers' complaints all day, so they do know either way. Rohit is on the other side of the world, in one of two entirely different cultures.

wuber88

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Each email goes to a new rep that not only may be in a different country than the last one (India or Philippines).
but will not bother looking at anything other than the one you sent to them. Not even if you cut & paste or forward.
Seems to imply that email is deed supported. How do you access it?
I think this still beats having to go through all the "your name and birthday" stuff with each call.

The DSR near you is going to be familiar with your area, traffic, and problems drivers in your area face.
Uh, sorry. What does DSR mean?

SuzeCB

Seems to imply that email is deed supported. How do you access it?
I think this still beats having to go through all the "your name and birthday" stuff with each call.

Uh, sorry. What does DSR mean?
It's not email proper. It's through the app. If the ride it's about isn't on your list, use another but make it clear FIRST that it's not about *this* ride but another, and give them the details of the ride it is about... pax name, rating, pickup location, etc.

DSR = Driver Support Rep.

New2This

Heh heh! So cute! You think that will make a difference!

Each email goes to a new rep that not only may be in a different country than the last one (India or Philippines), but will not bother looking at anything other than the one you sent to them. Not even if you cut & paste or forward.

If you can't get it straightened out in a single phone call, make a note of time & date you called and go to a GLH or Spot. Rohit's not going to be of any help.

If the amount isn't worth the time and trouble, save up the incidents, making sure to call and make notations for each one, and go when there are enough to make it worth it to you.

The DSR near you is going to be familiar with your area, traffic, and problems drivers in your area face. Some of them, trying to advance in the company, have to do a minimum of hours driving each month (and they can't not accept or cancel without a "defensible" reason). Others don't, but both hear drivers' complaints all day, so they do know either way. Rohit is on the other side of the world, in one of two entirely different cultures.
^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^

I have responded to a message from Rohit in the app with rider indormation in the email chain and gotten a "please to tell me which is the trip you're referencing and what is the issue" message.

They're combination incompetent as @@@@ and try to frustrate you so you drop it.

Shuffling what you're owed is an option.

welikecamping

Lyft support is no better. I've heard "uninstall and reinstall the app" so many times, I just give up now. It's too bad that they cannot support the drivers more. SPC/Case Management is support 101. Neither company seems to understand this.

SuzeCB

Now how can I find out who that is? And can I contact this person? Are they assigned by Uber to a specific region or, I am getting greedy here, a group of newbies?
They are at your nearest Greenlight Hub (GLH).

ANT 7

The term GLH makes this come to mind.........I thrashed one of these as a courier driver back in the day.

Personally, my retina's are stiff suffering with the scars of 80's automotive design from Detroit. Going to a GLH does the same, except at times it can be to your brain.

the-dodge-omni-glh-turbo-is-a-shelby-by-design.jpg

youber

Call Uber through the help link on your app. Also they are opening a California office.. that is the latest news.

New2This

The term GLH makes this come to mind.........I thrashed one of these as a courier driver back in the day.

Personally, my retina's are stiff suffering with the scars of 80's automotive design from Detroit. Going to a GLH does the same, except at times it can be to your brain.

View attachment 289063
For some reason I see that as GLoryHole but whatever.

Call Uber through the help link on your app. Also they are opening a California office.. that is the latest news.

I just have it saved in my contacts...

20190203_140702.jpg