1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Is there a way to have fake complaints reviewed? (UberEats)

Discussion in 'Perth' started by Teal, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Teal

Teal New Member

Been doing UberEats for 2 months, have a 98% rating but nearly all the complaints Im getting seem to be (can't be completely sure) coming from one shop I collect from who seems to be falsely reporting me for not using the heater bag (which is completely untrue), I'd like to bring it to Ubers attention, but there doesn't seem to be any option for reporting fake reviews or proving that its the same people every time.

Any Ideas?

2. live after death

live after death New Member

to be honest, some of the shops have doggy owners and disrespectful towards drivers - those rats reckon you are their servant so they can do whatever they want i.e. let you wait for excessive time and rude instruction etc. It's not a happy job mate so prepare for the worst.
    Also Uber does not care about what you say so maybe just avoid that shop even it means increase your cancellation rate temperately

Coca-Cola likes this.
  3. JimJam

JimJam New Member

Could you name and shame them here? We could try to boycott that one shop, thoughts?

Coca-Cola likes this.
  4. Coca-Cola

Coca-Cola Active Member

It's called JimJam Shop, haha!

5. Teal

Teal New Member

Not quite, I'm reluctant to name as I can't prove a 100% its them - but I will say its one of the shops behind Beaufort St in Mt Lawley near the IGA if anyone else had been having problems in that area.

Also while I'm complaining, I really wish there was a way to report all those shops that keep dumping cold stuff on top of steaming hot food - I don't understand why food shops in Perth have reached that level of unprofessionalism.

6. Coca-Cola

Coca-Cola Active Member

Unprofessionalism = Efficiency in food industry.

How does UberEats work?
    How do you get paid? Per delivery or per KM travelled?

7. Teal

Teal New Member

We pick up the deliveries, stick them in our heating bags and then drive to the client and drop them off.

Payment is mixed

Flat rate for pickup and drop off and then a set amount per kilometre.

Coca-Cola likes this.
  8. joffie

joffie Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I stopped doing eats due to this reason. Some of the restaurants had no respect for the drivers. Some even told me to wait outside so I don't look bad in front of customers and one started yelling at me for not bringing in the bag (which I had in the car).

When I had issues I would just cancel and drive away.

Not worth it at all.

Coca-Cola likes this.
  9. live after death

live after death New Member

Exactly as I would suggest. I'm also a bit frustrated when any shop request to bring the bag with you even if it's in your car - most of the time it's more secure and firm to hold the food and walk to your car then put into the bag.
    At one time i just told the rude owner to get f*cked and walked away.. :)

Coca-Cola and joffie like this.
  10. Immoralized

Immoralized Well-Known Member

People don't bring in bags they can't see you have a bag in the car a lot of drivers do not use it. They get complaints from the clients the food was cold so they blame the driver. Best way to solve this issue and make everyone happy is to always bring the bag with you into the store. Some of the people when you deliver it likes to see the food in the bag when you give it to them.

Ur a$$ is now covered on both ends. Is it really worth it? Well that what you are instructed to do... So it is in the job description so really no choice.

11. Coca-Cola

Coca-Cola Active Member

A while back, a pax told me his friend doing UberEats, for two hours he made $150 on a push bike.

Not sure if it is still good today.

12. Potsy

Potsy Well-Known Member

That's impossible....look at ubers low rates and think about it and you'll realize it's just not possible.

13. Coca-Cola

Coca-Cola Active Member

This was 6 months ago, he said his friend worked Sat night between 7-9pm.
    Yeah! $150 for 2 hours of work doesn't sound right but he said it.

14. Ezzyway

Ezzyway Member

If 1 shop is giving low ratings, it will be picked up.
    I'd actually take a trip into the green hub and ask them to look into it.
    Some restaurants are good. I've had some **** ones though.
    I got asked to move out the way once, i just replied. Sorry no good an English, i not understand. Poor bastard was lost for words.

15. Ivar Bigin

Ivar Bigin New Member

Driving:
    UberX
    For Uber to do something they would actually have to care.

16. Blatherskite

Blatherskite Well-Known Member

I do believe Uber has a phony review service set up precisely for handling such false complaints.

17. Ezzyway

Ezzyway Member

Isn't Uber eats 90 cests per KM? Stupid amount of a payout.
    Not even worth touching. I took my bag back to them. Rather the space in the car.

Coca-Cola likes this.
  18. Phildo

Phildo Well-Known Member

Don't forget that UberEATS is now doing to food places what UberX did to taxis.

Wiping out their business.

There is absolutely nothing to be gained by the restaurants from UberEATS.

As with everything else that Uber does, it's all about not making a profit.

Normally, people go out to eat. They go into a place order a meal, desert and a couple of drinks over a couple of hours.

This might add up to, say, $60 for each person. Of that $60, around $25 would be profit (ie good markup on drinks).

Instead of going out, people now stay home and order just the meal from the same restaurant for $30.

Normally a restaurant would make about $10 out of a $30 order.

However, UberEATS takes 35% of each order, which wipes out the restaurant's profit.

Don't forget that restaurants are paying premium rent for street-front locations.

The result from UberEATS is that restaurants have lost their walk-in and regular customers.

Restaurants make their profits from those customers. And, now they're gone.

I was speaking recently to someone who owns an example of one of these restaurants in Victoria Park.

From reading various web site articles, I knew what he was facing, and he confirmed it.

He also said that several prime restaurants in Victoria Park are now on the market.

So, as an UberEATS person, to the restaurant owner you are the enemy. They will (justifiably) despise you.

Aujezza and Coca-Cola like this.
  19. Immoralized

Immoralized Well-Known Member

People make choices and millions of businesses fail over the decade just in Australia alone. Choices is what true freedom is. No one wants the government regulating where people eat and how people eat like if they don't do enough regulating already. What happen to the taxi regulations? It was put into the too hard basket and Uber had a field day.

I don't order from Ubereats I don't believe in it and I think it horrible for the people involved in it and the only one making profit is the dodgy cheap food outlets with low food cost and cheap labor that can just pump out crap.

If anyone want to use Ubereats go for it sometime it slow between rides and I'll throw delivery on and do some macca runs for those lazy gamer bogans in the middle of the night.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
    Coca-Cola likes this.
  20. Potsy

Potsy Well-Known Member

I agree. I know several restaurant owners that have stopped doing ubereats because it's not worth doing after ubers 35% cut.
    The only people that are allowed to make money is uber.

Phildo and Coca-Cola like this.