• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Is there a minimum tip amount you're okay with?

Lex Icon

Damn that's sad but at the same time why would you keep driving for them if it's like that? I'd rather get a minimum wage job that doesn't require running my car into the ground

well maybe that should tell you something
For me it's ideal, retired just earning some beer money, no stress, love driving and i get to meet interesting people. More of a hobby than a job. And keep out from under the minister of finances feet.

Jay Dean

I have driven countless bartenders and various service staff, they all tip 5. Nothing is stranger for me then having hot hooters girls or strippers tip me 5 bucks but whatever, it is a service industry thing lol. So for service industry pax, if they do not tip 5 (depending on market and where economy is) then they are jerks, there are hundreds of bars here so I use that as a basic reference for a minimum for that type.

As for cheap ass regular pax and tourists, usually the cheapos tip 2 and the locals either tip or do not tip. Awesome tourists always tip 5. I would say that if it is under 2 dollars it is just a complete insult and should rate them low because clearly they are living in 1980 or simply tipping to make 'themselves' feel good as opposed to awarding good service.

goneubering

Is there a minimum tip amount you're okay with or is any amount better than nothing?

Any difference between in app or cash?

A dollar is definitely fine for me, and much better than zilch. I've had 50 cents before and that's okay too. Any less than that and I'd think it might be due to a decimal point error.
Any tip works for me. Never had a fifty cents tip and I can’t remember ever getting one dollar. I think my minimum so far is two bucks.

Tnasty

Last night was about the 8th time I had this guy he's a waiter at a hotel near me .never a tip in 8 rides with him so after I dropped him off and saw again he didn't tip me .I emailed Uber and told them to not to pair me with him again.

25rides7daysaweek

I like at least $2 preferably in cash. I always tell them that is very generous thank you very much. If its 5 I'll mention that I'm going to use it for a card wash. When they say I'm going to tip you. I tell them cash is always better as,a bill in the hand is better than a lie on the app....

Ssgcraig

Generally speaking any amount is better than nothing but I do not do anything lower than xl so when I get $1 tip on a $100 ride that's insulting lol

I always keep $165+ in change in the car and one time after a 45+ lux ride the lady asked if I had change for $100. So I gave her 4 x $20, $10, $5 and 5 singles. She said thanks and left lol.
You keep $165 in your car? Whoa, asking to be car jacked.

BlueNOX

Is there a minimum tip amount you're okay with or is any amount better than nothing?

A dollar is definitely fine for me, and much better than zilch. I've had 50 cents before and that's okay too. Any less than that and I'd think it might be due to a decimal point error.
$100

Ishurue

Anything

I had pax reach in his pocket and hand me 50 cents .

If every pax tipped 50 cents and you do 100 rides plus a week.

Thats an extra 50 bucks a week,

50 bucks pays my phone bill, and can fill gas tank 2 to 2.5 times .

Complaining on a penny tip makes you worse the the entitled pax who dont tip and expect massages, open door on pool express.

Shmo313

I tell people all the time that if every rider just commited to tipping 1 dollar on every ride, no matter distance, it would make a huge difference for drivers. It would basically pay for your fuel which is a big expense in this business.