Is there a glitch??

jbk416

Yesterday I was in route to pick up a uber x passenger......Then out of nowhere uber sends a message we found someone closer for you and routes me to that passenger needless to say they both cancelled it wasnt a pool so I dont understand what that was about.....Both passengers were maybe 7 mins away but they both cancelled within a minute maybe it was a scam idk????

njshore

I've had that happen to me as well. They rerouted me to a different pax while traveling toward my original pickup. I completed the trip though, there was no cancelation.

Caspita

I posted in a different thread. Last night I was waiting for either surge or a long trip. Long trip came and took it. While driving to pick up pax calls to give instructions and I hear the app warning alerting something which I think is just adjusting the pickup location. When I arrived I noticed the name is now different and the trip is a minimum miserable 1 mile fare lol! I did anyways since it’s not pax fault, it’ll be over in 5 mins and I’d at least recoup my gas. Uber collected $4.88 and I got $3.61 ... what a f! Up!

Then I noticed my messages and there it was one saying they had routed me to a closer rider. It this the new way to get to accept unwanted pings?

UberwhoIaM

This is normal and happens often. Whenever this happens to me unless the 2nd one is a high surge I cancel no matter what.

This is the way Uber has drivers except the rides others don't want to. If you are on a surge ride you are supposed to get an equal or higher surge but that often doesn't happen.

Caspita

I've heard that going offline after accepting the ping prevents this.. I used to do it after every accepted ping more to avoid stacked pings and promote surge but has relaxed that habit lately.. it'd be good to know if this has happened to someone with the switch to accept new trips disabled while going for a pick up.

jbk416

This is very new because i had an empty car going to pick up my first passenger(uberX) for the day.....Uber decides to reroute me to someone else thats closer but they both cancelled at the same time because they were probably just as confused as me.....If i accept a ride let me pick up the ride thats accepted dont reroute me to someone i havent even accepted.....

Caspita

This is very new because i had an empty car going to pick up my first passenger(uberX) for the day.....Uber decides to reroute me to someone else thats closer but they both cancelled at the same time because they were probably just as confused as me.....If i accept a ride let me pick up the ride thats accepted dont reroute me to someone i havent even accepted.....
This is really not new. I recall this being announced last year and happening. At the time if you stop new requests after accepting the ping it would stop Uber re-routing you (that's what I read here), not sure if that trick works but better to start using it and see if still happens.

Jeff1205

It's not new. Maybe just the 1st time that it has happened to you.