• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

is the surge gone?? New TLC rules, New era!

I'd been reading some comments recently, "about typically slow holidays"... but I had notice that business are extremely low these days. I am personally taking a break because I own my car, and it hurts to depreciate it like that, + gas!, etc... I look at the app everyday, and is terrible! No surge anywhere.

My personal believe its that the new TLC rules just opened a new game for Uber and Lyft their not just gonna lay down and take the lost! Somehow they will find a way to make this rule a new hardship for the drivers. I believe they would take the surge away from driver, up the pax prices, pay the driver an utilization rate that would keep us always near to the standard minimum wage! they'll create new system to make sure we are accepting all request, if no we'll fine ourselves constantly filing complaints and losing battles against them for the noncompliance of the rules!

I know I sound very negative and unhopeful. But the time that we thought this was a lucrative business it's already gone! help yourself elevate your skills go to school if you have time! be a carpenter, a CDL driver, construction!!...I hope I am wrong But this is over! the only thing that can save us is becoming employees instead of partner!! and this "Apps companies" want no part that!!

Good luck this New Year!!

Last edited:

Mm cm

I'd been reading some comments recently, "about typically slow holidays"... but I had notice that business are extremely low these days. I am personally taking a break because I own my car, and it hurts to depreciate it like that, + gas!, etc... I look at the app everyday, and is terrible! No surge anywhere.

My personal believe its that the new TLC rules just opened a new game for Uber and Lyft their not just gonna lay down and take the lost! Somehow they will find a way to make this rule a new hardship for the drivers. I believe they would take the surge away from driver, up the pax prices, pay the driver an utilization rate that would keep us always near to the standard minimum wage! they'll create new system to make sure we are accepting all request, if no we'll fine ourselves constantly filing complaints and losing battles against them for the noncompliance of the rules!

I know I sound very negative and unhopeful. But the time that we thought this was a lucrative business it's already gone! help yourself elevate your skills go to school if you have time! be a carpenter, a CDL driver, construction!!...I hope I am wrong But this is over! the only thing that can save us is becoming employees instead of partner!! and this "Apps companies" want no part that!!

Good luck this New Year!!
TLC should regulate app company haw much interest to take from the drivers no more then 10% then everything will change and other things to regulate the maximum limit of drivers by base...