Is the Short trip notification working

RustaSam

Today I got this trip from the domestic airport without the short trip notification.
Is the short trip notification working.

Mehmet2

This happens to me always i contacted uber and this is what they said to me

If a trip is eligible for short trip protection, we'll let you know in the trip request screen.
If you do not see the notification, then your trip is not protected even if it may have been a shorter trip.”
So thats how uber treat ants

Mulder99

I was waiting Less than 15 minutes

I got this back from Uber

To be eligible for short trip protection, you must be waiting in an airport queue for at least 15 minutes.
You have to be in the queue for 15 mins or more for short trip notification.
Always set a timer, when you join the queue...
If you get a ping at 10-14 mins , decline and wait til 15 mins ticks over or Fuber will stuff you up.

fields

If you get a ping at 10-14 mins , decline and wait til 15 mins ticks over or Fuber will stuff you up.
I wish Uber would do away with all these notifications, including short trip and 45+ trip. The cage is full of drivers cheating the system, waiting for that elusive long trip notification.

Unless you join them in their games, chances are you will get a shit fare.

Mulder99

I wish Uber would do away with all these notifications, including short trip and 45+ trip. The cage is full of drivers cheating the system, waiting for that elusive long trip notification.

Unless you join them in their games, chances are you will get a shit fare.
I’m coming round to this as well, they already got rid of 35+ they should get rid of 45+ too...
but the short trip notification should stay...

soontobeautomated

I know I've said it before, but how hard would it be to send some FUber muppets down to the pickup areas to act as mystery shoppers for a few hours a day?

Cherrypickers that call and cancel get a 1st warning and go to the back of the queue.

Drivers that rock up without a phone call, get thanked and get the next ping WHILE IN the priority area.

FUbers inaction on cherry picking at the airport is surely costing them thousands a day in lost revenue as customers go back to other options. It's not just drivers missing out, in the long run FUbers reputation is tarnished more than they can ever imagine. Unfortunately they are chasing the minimum fare customers with driver promos that decrease pickup time by a few seconds, rather than looking after long term, sustainable, profitable repeat, high value customers.

There is a reason why the airport queue only disappears when there are no taxis. FUber is not the first choice from the airport for many passengers.

DA08

W
Why decline? If you only waited under 15 min whats the problem? You can wait in the suburbs for 20 min and getvsame short ping... Jusy take the job and move on...

en123456

W

Why decline? If you only waited under 15 min whats the problem? You can wait in the suburbs for 20 min and getvsame short ping... Jusy take the job and move on...
i dont even look at the notification. im not even sure what im suppose to look for other then rating. just accept and move on

RustaSam

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Because drivers are cherry picking long trips from the airport. I think Uber should do away with the notification.
Now if a long trip is going to really inconvenience you. CANCEL. Explain to the customer how under other circumstances you would have been more than happy to do the trip.

fields

W

There is a problem and that is the time it takes to drive to the pickup zone. Sure if you can get there withing 3-5 min, no problem, but quite often its 10min and longer. I don't accept pings above 8 min in the suburbs, unless its a long trip.

There is a huge waiting area for taxis, no reason why a small portion could not be set aside for Ubers. That would alleviate the problem of getting stuck in traffic on the way to the pickup area.

elle149

Because drivers are cherry picking long trips from the airport. I think Uber should do away with the notification.
Now if a long trip is going to really inconvenience you. CANCEL. Explain to the customer how under other circumstances you would have been more than happy to do the trip.

i habe never waited at the airport.
im curious as to how you can cheat the system and cherry pick...
isnt it a virtual que ?

dont tell me their is a "app" for it too hahaha

defenderx

35+ notification is still working. I got one today.
May be best would be to disable long trip notifications in airport queue. Outside airport these notifications are very helpful.

RustaSam

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
There is a problem and that is the time it takes to drive to the pickup zone. Sure if you can get there withing 3-5 min, no problem, but quite often its 10min and longer. I don't accept pings above 8 min in the suburbs, unless its a long trip.

There is a huge waiting area for taxis, no reason why a small portion could not be set aside for Ubers. That would alleviate the problem of getting stuck in traffic on the way to the pickup area.
Sydney airport take a toll from our customers lest they could do is improve our waiting area.
Make it closer to reduce customer wait time.
Some clean toilets for us peasANTS.

Mulder99

35+ notification is still working. I got one today.
May be best would be to disable long trip notifications in airport queue. Outside airport these notifications are very helpful.
interesting,

i've had a few 35+ trips from DOM but haven't seen the notification for months.....

i know 45+ notiifcations come up as i've had them recently...

frankiet035

This happens to me always i contacted uber and this is what they said to me

If a trip is eligible for short trip protection, we'll let you know in the trip request screen.
If you do not see the notification, then your trip is not protected even if it may have been a shorter trip.”
So thats how uber treat ants
Got the same for $15 trip from airport... 3 times don't wait at airport anymore.. still get a few trips going pass