• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Is the heat map layer broken on partner app?

Cocobird

Maybe the lower rates have decreased the demand like what happens when they increase the Safe Rider Fee?

D-man

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Coco, could be, but still odd not even to see random yellows or oranges. Also the app cautions that "rates are surging in your area" when you go to log off. There's not a peep on the map, and the rider app "pokes" yield no surge areas. And, no response from tech support yet...

Cocobird

Coco, could be, but still odd not even to see random yellows or oranges. Also the app cautions that "rates are surging in your area" when you go to log off. There's not a peep on the map, and the rider app "pokes" yield no surge areas. And, no response from tech support yet...
UBer is just telling you anything to keep you logged on longer because too many drivers are logging off.

here is the email i got from support
i did all that and no help
I THINK THEY ARE INTENTIONALLY HIDING THE SURGE INFO so we as drivers dont all go same place
"""
Arden (Uber) Feb 3, 05:58 Hi Bruce,
Thanks for raising your concern.
As you mention, we are currently testing the new demand map. Launching upgrades like this can sometimes have growing pains; however these changes are fully expected and under control.
Please do not be put off by any of these adjustment, as ensuring partners can can use the app without disruption is our main priority. However, if you have any concerns about a certain trip do, of course, let us know and we can double check it for you.
If I can help you with anything else please let me know.
Best, A rdenhelp.uber.com
"""

"""
Arden (Uber)
Feb 3, 23:10
Hi Bruce,
Thanks for writing back. I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the Partner app. I’d like to do whatever I can to get your app working.
Let's try to do a General Troubleshooting. You can follow the steps below:
1) Restart your app.
2) Then, Retry.
3) If that didn't work. Restart your phone.
4) Make sure that your Bluetooth is always turned off because it can interfere with signal.
5) Toggle Airplane Mode on/off. (make sure it is turned off)
6) Toggle off your cellular data for 3-5 seconds.
7) Now, try to Reset the network settings. (WARNING: this will reset all network info like saved WiFi passwords, preferred networks, etc.)
If I can help you with anything else please, don't hesitate to reach out. We’re just an email away!
Best,
Arden"""

stevedmc

I don't understand what everyone is complaining about. Profits are through the roof now that we are making 72 cents a mile with no surges! I hope surge never comes back and that the rates drop even farther down.

D-man

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Has anyone had a surge ride since the heat map went down?
I have not. 11 rides netted almost $50 tonight b/w 10pm and 3am for tonight. This included a couple of XL fares. Late night car counts in Tigerland were down to 2-3 cars right at close and 2 cars downtown - no surge seen, rider or partner app. Even with one XL fare adjustment pending, that represents a departure of approximately 40% off from typical net earnings for those hours on a Thursday night. Atypical values have trended up to 30-40% or even higher than the typical baseline dependent upon surge and other conditions.

Lsugrl

Wow. That pic says it all!

I hope the drivers realize that this strike can help us long term. Where as then driving tonight only helps them short term

No matter what, if your wheels are turning for Uber it is not profitable anymore!

Stopper93

I have not seen any surge or orange on the map since Sunday. I even looked Fri night during the parade and did not see any surges. The low rate is not doable with out surges to make up for it.