Is the eats app down today?

Rose511

Today, I only got 3 request in almost three hours...is the app down for anyone or did Uber mess with the algorithm to punish us for acceptance rate? Or for declining too many low fares? This has been my worse day in 1800 deliveries. Something feels very off but I did update my phone and the app...has it been this slow for anyone else? I’m in metro Detroit...thanks for any help! Do you recommend I call support or is it just a very off day? I’m a full timer so that’s why I am so concerned.

DJJoeyZ

Too many drivers is really making it harder to earn good money.
I’m not in your area, but one night last week I was at a stop light doing a delivery, I look to the car on my left and see him checking his phone with the UE app, I look to my right and I see a car with the Lyft light on his car and he’s checking his phone. Seems everybody is a delivery driver these days.

Rose511

Too many drivers is really making it harder to earn good money.
I’m not in your area, but one night last week I was at a stop light doing a delivery, I look to the car on my left and see him checking his phone with the UE app, I look to my right and I see a car with the Lyft light on his car and he’s checking his phone. Seems everybody is a delivery driver these days.
Yes, I wish there were different rules for full timers vs part timers because I don’t do it for fun or to get out the house. I never see any other eats drivers seems like all in my area are grub hub or door dash so I don’t know why eats is so slow. Hopefully today will be better. Thanks for responding. Hope we both have a lucrative week.

Alltel77

The only time really worth going out on UE now is after 5pm or so until about 9pm. CVS is hiring 15k at home workers part time hours starting 30 hours , full time available if anyone is looking go to their website.

Rose511

The only time really worth going out on UE now is after 5pm or so until about 9pm. CVS is hiring 15k at home workers part time hours starting 30 hours , full time available if anyone is looking go to their website.
Thanks for sharing that info on cvs. I really appreciate it. I will see if eats picks up after 5pm. It’s currently 3pm in Detroit and the requests look like this

Attachments

• 5DABAD64-0DB4-45F1-93C9-C630EF58EF01.png
    5DABAD64-0DB4-45F1-93C9-C630EF58EF01.png
    82.6 KB · Views: 26

Alltel77

Thanks for sharing that info on cvs. I really appreciate it. I will see if eats picks up after 5pm. It’s currently 3pm in Detroit and the requests look like this
It's been like that down here too, dinner time is the best hopefully it picks up tonight for you with good close offers.

Rose511

It's been like that down here too, dinner time is the best hopefully it picks up tonight for you with good close offers.
Thanks, same to you. Are you in Chicago? I’m moving back there in February hope eats will be lucrative in the winter there with bad weather and people not wanting to leave the house...I checked out the cvs thing too. Thank you

Nats121

Today, I only got 3 request in almost three hours...is the app down for anyone or did Uber mess with the algorithm to punish us for acceptance rate? Or for declining too many low fares? This has been my worse day in 1800 deliveries. Something feels very off but I did update my phone and the app...has it been this slow for anyone else? I’m in metro Detroit...thanks for any help! Do you recommend I call support or is it just a very off day? I’m a full timer so that’s why I am so concerned.
As a full timer it's important for you to sign up with as many delivery apps as possible. Depending solely on Eats isn't a good idea.

Rose511

As a full timer it's important for you to sign up with as many delivery apps as possible. Depending solely on Eats isn't a good idea.
I am signed up with grub hub but it’s over saturated in metro Detroit. Still on wait list for door dash. Thanks for the tip.

simont23

I hate it when the eats app is down. I have to work for ages to get enough money to get some food otherwise.
Post automatically merged:

An obvious question. Where on earth did Uber get the dough to buy postmates?

Driving With A Purpose

I hate it when the eats app is down. I have to work for ages to get enough money to get some food otherwise.
Post automatically merged:

An obvious question. Where on earth did Uber get the dough to buy postmates?
They are paying with stock, not cash. In other words, they didn’t need cash for the buyout. The buyout is still awaiting approval from the powers to be.