Uber Drivers Forum banner

Is the City of Austin Police against Uber??

1K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  Yankee 
#1 ·
I get this feeling that they are at war against us? Does anyone else have this feeling? Am I missing something?

#2 ·
Unless you are doing somehing REALLY out of sorts, APD could not care less. They refused to enforce the existing ordinance while Uber was illegal. They are enforcing, for example, no parking zones. Uber drivers out by the airport who were parking in no parking zones certainly earned no favors with cops.

#7 ·
West 6th, last night, about 1:00am. I have a pax I am trying to pick up. I try to get them on the phone during these pickups so we don't both get frustrated. I can say it's not just inexperienced Uber drivers out there impeding traffic. Last night, it was a cabbie from Lone Star Taxi sitting in park, out of his car, blocking the whole left lane. Thanks to my pax on the phone, I was able to get around this ******bag. I also got the pax to a safer spot for pick up.

#9 ·
I've not had any negative issues arise from any interaction with the police sense I started driving.

1 ticket does not indicate that the cops are out to "get us"
I've not had any negative issues arise from any interaction with the police sense I started driving.

1 ticket does not indicate that the cops are out to "get us"
APD have been lenient on us so far. 7th gets messy sometimes

#13 ·
For the record, I was hands free while on the phone. My car's Bluetooth feature is pretty cool.
I should probably take a couple of hours off on a weekend night just to gather video.
I also saw an obviously new uber driver on Rainey on Saturday night. How do I know he was new? Dumbbell was out of his vehicle opening doors for pax in the middle of the damn street! Some people's kids...SMH

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.