Is the AUX cord option solely for Spotify?

drivetillidie

I have an iPhone and Uber keeps bugging me to plug in an AUX cord.

Is this in order to support the PAX's Spotify music? Is that the only thing that Uber supports through the AUX cord?

If that's the case, f************ck that! Whose data are they expecting to use for free? That's maddening.

biozon

Is this in order to support the PAX's Spotify music?
Yes.

Is that the only thing that Uber supports through the AUX cord?
Yes.

If that's the case, f************ck that!
Exactly. Not once in my Uber history any passenger used that. I used to give the cord to pax so they could plug it in their phone directly. I stopped doing that when one of the @@@@@@@ pax broke one of my composite inputs by stepping on the plug. So no more of this privilege.

CommanderXL

I have an iPhone and Uber keeps bugging me to plug in an AUX cord.

Is this in order to support the PAX's Spotify music? Is that the only thing that Uber supports through the AUX cord?

If that's the case, f************ck that! Whose data are they expecting to use for free? That's maddening.
Yeah, not one of my passengers has ever wanted to play Spotify through my phone, either. And only about 5 even had Spotify set up to use (the app alerts you before picking up a passenger who has it set up). I do offer the AUX cord, but even so, only about 5 passengers ever wanted to use it. And you guessed it! They were millenials being shuttled to a bar! Lol

Lots of grown ups use the charger though.

biozon

99% of the time anyone played music in my car using my AUX cable was really good music regardless of the kind. I really enjoyed it. One time we even sang together with pax.

SupaDupa

99% of the time anyone played music in my car using my AUX cable was really good music regardless of the kind. I really enjoyed it. One time we even sang together with pax.
This is you isn't it? lol

I always offer the AUX cord when riders get in. It gets used often enough.

I've had a handful of people use Spotify but most just plug their phone in and play their music directly.

krytenTX

I've only had 1 request for Spotify, and since I have a Droid, it's not available through the Uber app. I've had many PAX use my AUX cord. I think I'm going to remove the AUX cord, since it's always millennials, and they NEVER tip!