Is the $600 from the government taxable?

StaplesGuy

I’m going to update my MA UI to take taxes out directly before payment. Is the $600 side attached to my weekly payment taxable?

Shmo313

I’m going to update my MA UI to take taxes out directly before payment. Is the $600 side attached to my weekly payment taxable?
When I asked the assistant thing on the PUA main page, it says that taxes will not be withheld from PUA and FPUC benefits.

MajorBummer

Yes tax rate stays the same,but if you are collecting for 10 weeks you will be taxed on $8760 .that's gonna hurt.put aside about $1800 to be on the safe side.
Post automatically merged:

You need an extra 3600 miles to cancel that out.
I can do that in my driveway.🤣😅😁

IMMA DRIVER

Yes update it immediately. They've been paying for less than a month so you shouldn't be that bad. You don't want to wait til July to find out you're going to get whacked. Figure out what they already paid you and take about 12 - 12.5% out for taxes.

MajorBummer

Yes update it immediately. They've been paying for less than a month so you shouldn't be that bad. You don't want to wait til July to find out you're going to get whacked. Figure out what they already paid you and take about 12 - 12.5% out for taxes.
There is no place on the website in Mass to have your taxes taken out.
Please let me know if you can figure it out.

IMMA DRIVER

I'm in RI but I read somewhere that in Mass you can go into your account settings a move the tax withholdings off of $0. I read it on some frequently asked questions on a website for people with questions. Someone answered. Not 100% sure how accurate the woman was.
She referenced this website: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/u...oyment-assistance-announces-guidance-on-cares

Attachments

Shmo313

When you ask the assistant thing they have on the main page, it states that they will not be withholding taxes for PUA and FPUC benefits.

FreDi Huguenin

Yes tax rate stays the same,but if you are collecting for 10 weeks you will be taxed on $8760 .that's gonna hurt.put aside about $1800 to be on the safe side.
Post automatically merged:

You need an extra 3600 miles to cancel that out.
I can do that in my driveway.🤣😅😁
Exactly ! 👊🏻

BobM445

This is what unemployment withholds

Federal Tax Withholding: 10.00%
State Tax Withholding: 5.05%
Payment Method: Direct deposit