Is the 2 min wait time in effect now?

iptaylm

I took a X request this morning. Got over to pin and nobody. Started my timer is was at 3:00 and counting. Rider called and said they put in wrong address and I said you need to cxl and resubmit. They did and it then showed a $4.50 on my totals.

PTCGUY

I took a X request this morning. Got over to pin and nobody. Started my timer is was at 3:00 and counting. Rider called and said they put in wrong address and I said you need to cxl and resubmit. They did and it then showed a $4.50 on my totals.
Dont know. I know for a fact last week it was still 5 minutes.

negeorgia

I think not.
There are 2 separate 5 minute timers. Requester and driver at pinpoint. Paid fees are determined by who cancels when.

The policy currently is if the driver cancels the ride for a "rider no show" it must be 5 minutes or greater from the time of arrival in order to receive the driver percentage of the cancellation fee.

RightTurnClyde

Yeah... you got the 4.50 because the rider canceled. If driver cancels, it has to be after 5 min.
Yes, but just so everyone is clear. The 5-min timer is used both for drivers and passengers (except pool) for cancellations resulting in a fee.

The difference is;

A driver cancel; the 5-min timer starts at the point you reach the pickup location.

A rider cancel; the 5-min timer starts from the point at which the driver takes the ping and begins driving to the customer.

iptaylm

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If a rider cancels within 5 minutes of making their request, they are not charged.
Strange because I know this was less than 5 min because I started my timer just as soon as my app said I had arrived and rider had been notified

Something similar happened to me today I got a ping that didn't give me an apartment number just the address of the apartments. When I got there I immediately texted the rider no response so I can their phone was off I waited no more than three minutes then cancelled the ride I received 4.50 as well. People should manually put in their exact address for pick up and double check it to avoid things like this from happening.

negeorgia

Strange because I know this was less than 5 min because I started my timer just as soon as my app said I had arrived and rider had been notified
Your timer after arriving at pinpoint is different from when the requester made a request. In fact, your timer was irrelevant because the requester canceled.