"is that your pet?" "yes" = Cancel

nash801

Learned that in here a few days ago. Used it yesterday. Worked great.
After they say yes be sure to say I don't take pets. Don't say I only take service dogs because in the future they will say it is a service dog.
but you can tell when they're not service dogs by the way the animal is pulling on the leash and or looking around instead of demurely staying next to the owner's leg

Last edited:

dennis09

This isn't something you should do if you need the rideshare income, there is no loophole .They don't care when reported ,

You will be deactivated.

That was my first thought. Better at least get that little conversation on dashcam or something. And even then, deactivated.

Whistler

0.25% of my rides have been dogs - is it really a problem? Oh and I take all mutts.

idk why Uber and Lyft just don't go ahead and let drivers set preferences for dogs - I'd rather a ride with a dog than sit around and not have a ride. (And a preference for GoGoGrandparent ... only 1 ride but I'd take them all.)

leeo268

I dont mind. If it made a mess, I will just report it, go home early, and get cleaning free.

emmhope

The agreement about service dogs we agree to also raises questions , it states that you or us are required to drive service dogs even if you are allergic what happens if the allergies cause the said driver to crash and kill people ? Who is to blame , who pays or ends up sick for several days missing income due an allergic reaction.

It's an inhuman agreement but anyway I'm lucky enough to love pets and have no allergies, I would never refuse a ride to a dog person :smiles: cats on the other hand :eek::cool:eek:_O

I dont mind. If it made a mess, I will just report it, go home early, and get cleaning free.

You are assuming uber will charge a cleaning fee

Blue Poodle

I take dogs. Most dog riders tip. At least way more than normal. I don't really see what the big deal is other than just general anger at the uncontrollable situation and directing it towards the one area where you feel like you know the rules.

Just take the damn dog.

Strange Fruit

I take dogs. Most dog riders tip. At least way more than normal. I don't really see what the big deal is other than just general anger at the uncontrollable situation and directing it towards the one area where you feel like you know the rules.

Just take the damn dog.
Blue Poodle
Fascii fascistus