• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Is talking on phone with headset during ride legit?

Leonard818

Just received email from Lyft regarding talking on the phone while driving. I answer my phone whenever I need to. My headset is like my seat belt. Whenever i drive using it.
What sould I do?

Leonard818

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just checked the driver terms here

https://www.lyft.com/terms/localpartner

There is nothing about the talking on phone. As far as its legal, how come it is against the terms of service? What kind of BS is this?? Im really sick of.

Attached comment from my brothers account. Fortunately he didn't get a complaint about this. Lyft takes Customer BS very seriously!!

Attachments

UberLaLa

Just checked the driver terms here

https://www.lyft.com/terms/localpartner

There is nothing about the talking on phone. As far as its legal, how come it is against the terms of service? What kind of BS is this?? Im really sick of.

Attached comment from my brothers account. Fortunately he didn't get a complaint about this. Lyft takes Customer BS very seriously!!
Why do you think he was driving too slow? CUZ HE WAS ON THE DANG PHONE....LOL!

TheNoobinator

If your rap music manager needs to speak to you while you hustle your .68 cents a mile , you put him through!

Forget them pax, they can listen in how much of a big shot you are and they're jealous because you're going to be a major success

jchc22

I'd say take that call, as long as you don't shout or swear... If you were an Indian cab in NY it's not legal, it's mandatory.

that's funny-when I was Brooklyn and took an uber to the airport, I had an Indian driver.

Driver put in an earpiece and made a phone call. He was very quiet and respectful. I couldn't even hear him.

I say go for it, put the music just in the back of the car and take your calls.

Leonard818

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Why do you think he was driving too slow? CUZ HE WAS ON THE DANG PHONE....LOL!
Too slow? 61 on thw fway lol its pretty legit. He never takes call on ride either.

Talking with headset might be rude but as long as you are quiet its acceptable NOT against the law and lyfts damn terms!

UberLaLa

Too slow? 61 on thw fway lol its pretty legit. He never takes call on ride either.

Talking with headset might be rude but as long as you are quiet its acceptable NOT against the law and lyfts damn terms!
I didn't say "drives too slow" that was the passenger's comment.

And you are correct, there is nothing explicit in Lyft's (to my knowledge) Terms of Service that says you can not talk on the phone while driving a Lyft passenger, nor do they say you can't fart...

Last edited:

Feetoid

You know this, how?
Silence combined with phone noises and that handy rear view mirror I'm guessing? That's how I know anyways.

It's rude in general. If an important call comes my way I ask passenger if I can take it and make it short...

EDIT: I ask passenger if the mind if I take it. They ain't my boss, so it's not a question of if I can.

Just had a Uber driver talk on her non Uber phone illegally (hand held, no BT headset) the whole time on my last super short ride.

She seemed nice and it was a quick ride so I gave her a 5 stars without tipping her. If she hadn't talked on the phone I'd have tipped her. Rudeness taxation sorry.

As a driver I never do it beyond, "mind if I take this for a sec?" To the pax then, "Hey I'm on a ride let me call you back" to the caller cuz I have only one phone so it comes out of my car speakers. Sometimes drunk passengers get a kick out of it and try to engage a speaker phone conversation with the caller which can be fun.

Irishjohn831

Only if your talking Arabic really sneaky like at first, then really loud while playing an Islamic religious radio station. If that’s the case hen your golden

lyftonlyfulltime

driving too slow just means driving slower than they do......some of those 20 over the flow are in the back of our cars.....they don't have the balls to say it to our faces, so they leave BS comments........speed is number one killer out there......go slow, stay alive (not impeding traffic obviously, because then you get it in the rear)

talking on the phone while driving sooner or later will get you in trouble....just remember to have lyfts $2500 deductible ready to go

farting while driving is a completely safe way of releasing inner stress and tension and making me drive better....I do it as much as possible

Last edited: