IS T-MOBILE A GOOD SERVICE TO USE AS A DRIVER IN DENVER?

kevzter2222

HEY GUYS I JUST PASSED MY HEALTH CHECK TODAY AND MY NEXT STEP IS TO BUY A PHONE IM THINKING ABOUT GOING TO T-MOBILE WHAT ARE YOU GUYS EXPERIENCES WITH USING T-MOBILE TO UBER. THANKS IN ADVANCE :smiles:

Jimmy Bernat

Why are you yelling?

Honestly pretty much all services work well nowadays. I use to have tmobile and it was awful but it was also 7 years ago.
I use Verizon and love the service but hate the limited phone selection and how locked down all devices are on Verizon

kevzter2222

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
THANK YOU guys very much for your reply. im planning on using t-mobile with the iphone se. my mom has t-mobile and shes always loosing service. would that affect the uber app?

R44KDEN

I have used T-Mobile for 2+ years now and the service/signal has degraded significantly - which is starting to drive me mad. Hard to beat their pricing and plans though and they did tell me they are working as fast as they can on upgrading their network. We use 2 phones in every car - and my other phone is Verizon, which I dont reckon is that much better. I will tell you that T-Mobile has some very good coverage at the ski resorts (better than AT&T and Verizon)

kevzter2222

I have used T-Mobile for 2+ years now and the service/signal has degraded significantly - which is starting to drive me mad. Hard to beat their pricing and plans though and they did tell me they are working as fast as they can on upgrading their network. We use 2 phones in every car - and my other phone is Verizon, which I dont reckon is that much better. I will tell you that T-Mobile has some very good coverage at the ski resorts (better than AT&T and Verizon)
okay so whag happens when your doing a ride and you lose service? im thinking im gonna get tmobile just because its cheap. why do you use 2 phones?

Jimmy Bernat

If you loose service while doing a ride it does nothing . I took a ride a month or so ago deep in to evergreen , dirt roads etc... I lost service the last 3 miles , so I had to drop the customer off then drive back and end the ride once I had service . I explained it to the passenger and he didn't care about the extra $5 or so bucks

Now if you loose service while waiting for pings you're not gonna get any pings , it can also be a pain when you loose service while trying to call a passenger etc... I know in Denver Tmobile really struggles during any large event , Verizon data slows down to a crawl but the voice still works perfectly during those time.

I do agree that I sometimes think Tmobile actually has better mountain coverage then Verizon but Verizon is much better in the city . We go to a cabin in the mountains regularly and my Verizon really doesn't work there , a friend of ours with Tmobile can at least get some service

Jimmy Bernat

I think it also matters a lot on what type of phone you have

I've noticed that Motorola phones tend to work the best signal wise and Apple tend to be some of the worst , also I haven't had great luck with Samsung as far as signal strength .

I currently use two phones a Nexus 6 on and an Iphone 6 both on Verizon . The nexus is a motorola phone and blows away the Iphone in signal strength as well as the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 that I recently gave to my wife when she broke her S6 , and the old Iphone 6 came out of the dresser drawer to replace it

kevzter2222

alright man thank you so much for all your info. yeah im gonna get an iphone of some sort. probably shouldnt but i love apple products as i start making more money ill buy a second phone. how do you pay your taxes do you just put aside a certain amount of money till tax time or do you just not spend until tax time except for essentials ? and where do you drive at? and what times? and do you make good money if you dont mind me asking?

Jimmy Bernat

I make good money for what it is
Keep a milage log
As far as everything else I would just search the Denver forum

ATG

I've been having T-mobile for over a year and the only places that i loose signal are the Highlands and tower rd(by the airport) other than that is pretty reliable. I have 2 lines unlimited internet for $109 a month

Daisey77

I have TMobile and had no issues. I got their 6 gig plan and if you go over, they just slow down your internet speed. They don't charge. I did go over a few times but that's because I didn't have WIFI at home. So I was constantly using data between work and home. I will say. I had Verizon and where I live, you do NOT get service (Univ and Hampden area) More so back in the gated communities and the apartment communities to the west of King Soopers. Out on the main streets service was better. I have talked to several people who said the same thing. They had to switch carriers when they moved to this area, as well as my new roommate. Also, another dead area for Verizon, was From I25 to 6th and from Lincoln to Downing. Just something to consider