Is sitting in front really worth losing your job over?

jazzapt

There have been many threads on this site on the subject of pax sitting in the front. Many posts and many opinions. But is it really so important for pax to sit in front that when told no, he gets so upset he feels the need to go on a racist tirade? (Especially when, from the sounds of it, the driver has a valid excuse for preferring pax sit in the back). The tirade ultimately cost pax his job.

Again, is the need to sit in the front seat in an Uber THAT important?

doyousensehumor

There have been many threads on this site on the subject of pax sitting in the front. Many posts and many opinions. But is it really so important for pax to sit in front that when told no, he gets so upset he feels the need to go on a racist tirade? (Especially when, from the sounds of it, the driver has a valid excuse for preferring pax sit in the back). The tirade ultimately cost pax his job.

Again, is the need to sit in the front seat in an Uber THAT important?
Unfortunately, it can go the other way around too.

Insistent pax who is unhappy about sitting in the back, has the option to wave the Card of False Accusation anytime for the ultimate revenge, and a refund.

doyousensehumor

If someone is going to punch me in the face, it's a lot easier to see it coming if they are in the front seat then sucker punched from behind......
The driver is facing away from the pax in the back seat. How is the driver going to get sucker punched?

The seat/headrest is between the hostile pax and driver. Vulnerable areas of the driver's body are facing way from pax if they are in the back.

jazzapt

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If someone is going to punch me in the face, it's a lot easier to see it coming if they are in the front seat then sucker punched from behind......
There have been many discussions here on why drivers prefer pax in front or back. For example, the driver in the story says he was sexually assaulted from a front seat pax, hence his preference for pax to sit in the back.

The big question I was asking was: is your preference about where pax sits (whether as a driver or a pax) so important, that you think the response of "are you #[email protected] kidding me" followed by throwing around racist epithets is adequate when the driver directs pax to their preference?

radikia

The driver is facing away from the pax in the back seat. How is the driver going to get sucker punched?

The seat/headrest is between the hostile pax and driver. Vulnerable areas of the driver's body are facing way from pax if they are in the back.
I'll tell you what , come pick me up and I'll sit in the back , and you'll find out how wrong you are . The hard way !

jazzapt

Agreed. And after doing this for 5 years I am less concerned about getting sucker punched than I am about pax grabbing my phone and making a run for it. Hard to do that from the back seat.

DriverMark

There have been many discussions here on why drivers prefer pax in front or back. For example, the driver in the story says he was sexually assaulted from a front seat pax, hence his preference for pax to sit in the back.

The big question I was asking was: is your preference about where pax sits (whether as a driver or a pax) so important, that you think the response of "are you #[email protected] kidding me" followed by throwing around racist epithets is adequate when the driver directs pax to their preference?
I don't know why either the driver or PAX care. But I do understand some drivers prefer the back. My wife prefers PAX in the back. I don't care either way. If the ask me "Sure, come on in either place is fine." And then a dick PAX like the one in the story is just ridiculous. But dicks will be dicks and your are bound to come across some if you do this long enough.

DriverMark

Agreed. And after doing this for 5 years I am less concerned about getting sucker punched than I am about pax grabbing my phone and making a run for it. Hard to do that from the back seat.
I'm not really concerned about getting sucker punched (was being sarcastic) or someone taking my phone. But that is because I live in Utah and hardly anything that exciting ever happens here. Biggest worry is the Utah Jazz loosing 5 in a row.... geezzz... that is a crime!

jazzapt

I'm not really concerned about getting sucker punched (was being sarcastic) or someone taking my phone. But that is because I live in Utah and hardly anything that exciting ever happens here. Biggest worry is the Utah Jazz loosing 5 in a row.... geezzz... that is a crime!
I have rarely had problem pax. And the ones I have had issue with have been front seat riders more than back. For example I had a front seat pax that kept eyeballing and asking questions about my phone. It was so concerning that I made sure to hold on to the phone while ending the ride and pretending to need do other things on it. Hence my concern for the safety of my phone.

I just wonder the motivations of someone who wants to sit in the front so bad, he needs to go on a tirade when told "no"

XLnoGas

Pax grabbing the wheel is probably worse
Post automatically merged:

Right hook from behind...

losiglow

Uber told KPNX that it would ban Berglund from using its app, saying, “Discrimination has no place on the Uber app or anywhere.

It's not often I say this, but good for Uber.

I wouldn’t mind if the CEO of a publicly traded company acted racist in my car. I’d record it, then short the company’s stock. Then release the video and wait for the stock price to drop.
That would be perfect :roflmao:

No kidding. Total fail lately.....