1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Is Providence now a small market for so many drivers Lyft and Uber?!

Discussion in 'Providence' started by Mendez84, Oct 12, 2017.

?
  1. Yes!

2. No!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Mendez84

Mendez84

Driving:
    UberX
    [​IMG]
    is me or Providence is starting to be a small market for Lyft and Uber , today Providence was like full of drivers waiting for a ride , even the Airport was like that too...
    i guess Boston it is :)

2. I think all markets are oversaturated. You need to pick the best times, to drive and the best spots, you need to adjust your strategy.

3. Mendez84

Mendez84

Driving:
    UberX
    i actually still have 2 or 3 spots where not many people know of them yet , but some times i end up dropping someone at this busy locations and to get a ride out of there is hard due to so many drivers sitting around just waiting for a request

4. Depends how much you're trying to make each week. Can you make $1K weekly? Sure, depending on how many hrs you're willing to put in.
    Can you make $1500 consistently? It's very tough only because the rates are so low in RI. The demand is here, the rates are what keeps us from banking like Boston.
    Prov has what you need for successful Uber driving: Great Bar/Night club scene. Restaurants galore, 5 Colleges near downtown, Train station and airport within 15 mins. Plus there's no parking in the city. The only problem is Mass drivers who've failed CORI's are now driving in RI and the base fare is just too low. The base fare should be higher in RI and Uber needs to increase it. Enough people in RI are making good enough money to increase fares.

BostonTaxiDriver likes this.
  5. Mendez84

Mendez84

Driving:
    UberX
    well let me tell you , if a driver fails the CORI test in Mass Uber and Lyft will deactivate their account right away , there is links for that information on the Boston forum , I live in mass and I drive often to Providence because I live less than 20 minutes away from downtown and 1 hour (without traffic ) from Boston , so for me cost per mile is low if I stay in providence , do less but save more in cost and dead hours driving to work and back home , I know that people do a lot of hours per week , I do uber and Lyft and my average per week is about 30 hours and still make good money :) but i can tell you that a Saturday in Boston with less than 6 hours is possible to make $250 , i done it so many times :)
    fares are very bad in RI that's true , its 1.50 , 0.967 , 0.15 in mass vs 0.83 , 0.60 , 0.127 RI

smoran26 likes this.
  6. smoran26

smoran26

Driving:
    UberX
    I'm a Mass driver that primarily drives in RI. I live on the border so Providence is 20 minutes and Boston 1 hour+ with traffic. I get SOOOO many more dead miles when I drive Boston.

I lived in Providence for years and around RI for many more so I'm much more comfortable in Prov - but really - driving RI is dramatically easier than the traffic of Boston. I've asked before on the forum if anyone has ever quantified the extra maintenance that the Boston roads incur, but never really got an answer.

As far as numbers, I made $130 yesterday and $95 today basically all in Providence with $19 in gas spent. I didn't have any trouble getting pings. Most unfortunately were min rides, but some tipped and bought from Cargo.

7. Great competition!

emdeplam likes this.
  8. It really is bothersome that rates are so low in a Rhode Island. Providence is like a mini-Boston in so many ways, yet the Boston market pays over 50% more to drivers...

9. I could make $1800/wk with Boston's rates in RI. It's insane how low our rates are.

SailingWithThe Breeze likes this.
  10. Mendez84

Mendez84

Driving:
    UberX
    you have a life besides uber? lol but yeah 40 hours working in mass is like a 900 dollars pay easy , RI rates are a joke but Connecticut rates are the best around , its like $1.75 , 0.16 for time , $1.1 per mile and $2.2 service fee for whatever that is lol