1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Is Prime Time / Surge real?

Discussion in 'Advice' started by Transeau, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Transeau

Transeau

So I’m sitting here next to the courthouse with a %200 Prime Time. I go online and the prime time vanished and I got a ping. Declined and went offline. Back to %75 prime time.

Am I doing it wrong?

2. Bbonez

Bbonez

Yes you're doing it wrong. You said you were sitting next to the courthouse. Everyone knows you need to be driving over 30 MPH to get prime time. If the prime time is over 300% you need to be at freeway speed to get a ping. I thought this was covered in the extensive training program U/L provides.

Rakos and benson555zz like this.
  3. Merc7186

Merc7186

Driving:
    UberXL
    You are driving for U/L....there are many life choices that you were doing wrong that led you here.

...keep ignoring requests until you get that surge.

Rakos and benson555zz like this.
  4. Transeau

Transeau

Yeah, I got that feeling.
    I just wish I understood how it works. I have yet to get a surge/pt trip. I suppose it’s just how it is when living a hour from the nearest large city.

5. Rakos

Rakos

Driving:
    UberXL
    Well you know there was a time...

That the map was covered in red....

And if you got less than 6X....

You were a noob....8>)

Rakos
    propeller-beanie-chimp-t-shirt.jpg

benson555zz likes this.
  6. Transeau

Transeau

I understand and except that I am a “noob“. That is why I am asking questions to try to better myself. I also understand that most people here will simply berate me for being a “noob“ I was simply hoping that someone can help.

7. Rakos

Rakos

Driving:
    UberXL
    You drive what you want to drive....

Kinda like gambling....

Only a bit more dangerous....8>O

Remember everyone is looking...

For that edge...where no one else is...

Problem is....too many Ubers...

Good Luck!

Rakos
    26wtie.jpg

8. disp350

disp350

You might get better help if you change that smart as* location you have in to your general area. There are forums for most major cities and areas, but nobody likes to help someone who comes across as a smart aleck. Being a newbie wont stop you from getting help. But you also have to understand in this dog eat dog world. Many drivers are understandably reluctant to reveal their way of driving. Its hard enough out there and, myself included, when I find a good area, I am not going to start bragging and have it invaded by more ants...

Uber Crack and Rakos like this.
  9. henrygates

henrygates

Driving:
    UberXL
    Surge is when there are too many pax opening app vs drivers in a given area. Going online in the area adds a car and lowers the need for surge.

Don't sweat about it. At least in my area surges are rare. You can go online in the middle of a 4.0 surge and get zero pings. As soon as the surge dies, it will ping like crazy. Pax will wait 5 minutes rather than pay surge. Or you'll get a ping from outside the surge zone.

With the new surge pricing (it sucks) and the new bait to bring drivers into high volume areas before surging, don't worry, soon there won't be any surges left.

10. 1.5xorbust

1.5xorbust

It’s real for Uber, Lyft and the pax. It’s just not real for the drivers.