Is Phil's BBQ drive thru available?

Woon

I am coming to SD this weekend!
Never ate Phil's BBQ before. I heard there is a crazy line..!
I am thinking of ordering Uber to do drivethru
Hoping there is a drivethru available for me

SurgeSurferSD

I’ve only been to the sports arena location and there is no drive thru. There is usually a 45min+ line to dine in (always worth it) but you can call in for take out. If you try to get some poor sucker Uber driver to go for you, please leave them a generous tip. (And maybe some ribs?)

Woon

I’ve only been to the sports arena location and there is no drive thru. There is usually a 45min+ line to dine in (always worth it) but you can call in for take out. If you try to get some poor sucker Uber driver to go for you, please leave them a generous tip. (And maybe some ribs?)
Just hoping I can get it in drivethru so I don't have to order another Uber. Most drivers won't wait for me.
Generous tip should be there. + miles I am going
LA passengers don't tip for a drive-thru.
But as an Uber driver I should.

Last edited:

Null

should be there. + miles I am going
LA passengers don't tip for a drive-thru.
But as an Uber driver I should.

If you get me as a driver I won't take you to drive thru unless you give me money.

Refusing drive thru runs gets me more money than I otherwise would have gotten. People are either willing to pay for your time or not. The ones that aren't get pissy and 1 star you
The reasonable ones align your interests with theirs.

One drunk lady gave me $20 to go through the drive through and then $20 once we got the food. I wouldn't have gotten anything had I just happily obliged.

Woon

If you get me as a driver I won't take you to drive thru unless you give me money.

Refusing drive thru runs gets me more money than I otherwise would have gotten. People are either willing to pay for your time or not. The ones that aren't get pissy and 1 star you
The reasonable ones align your interests with theirs.

One drunk lady gave me $20 to go through the drive through and then $20 once we got the food. I wouldn't have gotten anything had I just happily obliged.
I already mentioned above.
Generous tip should be there. + miles I am going

Pesty

Yes we do, one of the best is jeong won bbq buffet on convoy

The one on Miramar is Abbey's.
They're a Texan BBQ smoke pit.

Pesty

Convoy is the Mecca for Korean and Japanese BBQ in San Diego. The entire street is filled with incredible food.

Woon

Convoy is the Mecca for Korean and Japanese BBQ in San Diego. The entire street is filled with incredible food.
I've been to KBBQ in SD lot of times.
Not too bad. Korean market is expensive though. 1.5.x or 2 x more expensive than here with less sale.

Pesty

we don't have near the size of the Asian community as LA does so we don't have as many stores to keep the prices down.

I like to think we have better quality with a smaller community

Woon

we don't have near the size of the Asian community as LA does so we don't have as many stores to keep the prices down.

I like to think we have better quality with a smaller community
Only in Kearny Mesa and Mira Mesa right?