Is PDB a scam?

Gwoae

Apparently I am in a pissy mood today and I need to complain about everything. I am near the $95 bonus. I have the rides. But need 4 more peak rides. I have a 92% acceptance. So this morning at 4am I get a ping for 36 min away, ummm no. I let it go. I immediately get one for 26 min away, then the same person from 36 min away. By this time I am heading to town and get a ping 20 min but I was going there anyways. I take the ride and 2 min later it cancels. Probably bailed out or something. Then comes the 29 min request. So now I have 4 cancels and I drop below 90%. I basically have to take all rides for the rest of the day in order to get back ovER 90. Wtf lyft.

chitown73

Apparently I am in a pissy mood today and I need to complain about everything. I am near the $95 bonus. I have the rides. But need 4 more peak rides. I have a 92% acceptance. So this morning at 4am I get a ping for 36 min away, ummm no. I let it go. I immediately get one for 26 min away, then the same person from 36 min away. By this time I am heading to town and get a ping 20 min but I was going there anyways. I take the ride and 2 min later it cancels. Probably bailed out or something. Then comes the 29 min request. So now I have 4 cancels and I drop below 90%. I basically have to take all rides for the rest of the day in order to get back ovER 90. Wtf lyft.

Sorry.. But just about EVERYTHING that both Lyft AND Uber offer as an "incentive" is purely a B*S SCAM!

New2This

The ridiculous 90% acceptance rate Lyft requires is exactly why I don't try for PDB or other Lyft incentives.

Having said that if I were going to go for the PDB, I would accept the 36 minute ping. More than likely they would cancel, or Lyft would swap it out to someone closer. If they didn't cancel I can play the waiting game with them and run Uber pings until they give up.

Gwoae

I get the full PDB every week, and it's important to get it to make driving Lyft worthwhile.

Here's a clue: don't let pings lapse. Take every ride. Don't want to? Tough.

I would think you could make more money than the pdb than excepting 35 min pings. Maybe not, I might have to do that math. If I take 5 36 min pings and get $95 extra then that may be better.

The ridiculous 90% acceptance rate Lyft requires is exactly why I don't try for PDB or other Lyft incentives.

Having said that if I were going to go for the PDB, I would accept the 36 minute ping. More than likely they would cancel, or Lyft would swap it out to someone closer. If they didn't cancel I can play the waiting game with them and run Uber pings until they give up.

I just got approved today for uber. Stupid me forgot to upload my insurance and I couldn't figure out what was taking so long. Anyways, if I accept a 36 min ping and just never go what are the consequences. Would lyft look into that and see that I was never on my way?

I just got approved today for uber. Stupid me forgot to upload my insurance and I couldn't figure out what was taking so long. Anyways, if I accept a 36 min ping and just never go what are the consequences. Would lyft look into that and see that I was never on my way?

New2This

I would think you could make more money than the pdb than excepting 35 min pings. Maybe not, I might have to do that math. If I take 5 36 min pings and get $95 extra then that may be better.

Short answer is: Nope. Zero consequences. They don't take the time to investigate piddly shit like that. Think about how many drivers they have and how many man hours it would take.

All they see is you accepted the trip which helps you meet their ridiculous 90% acceptance rate requirement.

Adieu is the resident expert on PDB

Mista T

Author
Both companies play games, offering bonuses but doing whatever they can to keep the money. They are no different than any other company that tries to entice people to work: they sell you a dream.

I hit max PDB every week, but I have to play the game. They make the rules and the computer enforces the rules. Here is how to get around the 90% garbage.....

Accept EVERY ride. If you dont want to take it, then just fart around for 3 minutes. Do anything except drive in the pickup direction. After 2-3 mins the computer will Rematch the ride to another driver (almost always someone closer). Its a waste of my time, but I use that time to pee or to drive closer to where I really want to be. Maybe make a phone call or hit a drive thru.

At the end of the week my acceptance is near 100%, and I dont travel more than 8-10 mins to pickup unless I consciously choose to.

Good luck, and remember that it's just a game with $$ as the reward for winning.

Okphillip

Lyft plays games with the PDB. Hardly anyone gets it and they are tight as @@@@ with PT....and don't get me started abou all the so-called "passenger cancellations"

Woohaa

It's a scam for guys who quote every excuse in the book for why they can't get it. But it's a reliable resource for drivers with the time and wherewithal to do whatever it takes to get it.

But it ain't easy. Or fun.

DrivingForYou

The power driver bonus, on its own, is worth about $4 an hour of your time. It is essentially a 20% to 25% improvement on what you make.

Not for the lazy. For they lazy, try welfare, LOL.

unPat

You can accept 100% but you won't be able to hit the peak rides. They will hardly give you more than 1 ride an hour. And wasting four hours per day for 4 rides is not good.

DrivingForYou

You can accept 100% but you won't be able to hit the peak rides. They will hardly give you more than 1 ride an hour. And wasting four hours per day for 4 rides is not good.

Then you are in the wrong area. I do around 3 to 4 rides an hour in peak hours, unless one of them ends up being a long ride. I get the $170 bonus working less than 45 hours. I can hit the 220 bonus if I work ~50 hours.

If you can't, then there's a problem with your approach or area worked.

unPat

Then you are in the wrong area. I do around 3 to 4 rides an hour in peak hours, unless one of them ends up being a long ride. I get the $170 bonus working less than 45 hours. I can hit the 220 bonus if I work ~50 hours.

If you can't, then there's a problem with your approach or area worked.
It is very hard to get a ping in those hours. Even in busy areas or college areas. I had 90% lot of times. But you will never achieve the peak rides.

Docaces

Woohoo, I got the $15 pdb. Now stuck on 21 peak rides for last 2 peak hours, only 3 peak hours left today in Miami. Never really went for pdb.

Docaces

If I can figure out how to post it you should see my rides from tonight. Had 7 "cancels" in a row. 5 of

No joke. I thought I was being sarcastic. This is the B.S. compensation we get in Miami. If I get 4 more peak rides I'll be upto $40 PDB. Except I have been on line for 2 hours and no rides today...im goimg home I think

DrivingForYou

In Los Angeles:

35 peak rides $65
40 peak rides $170
45 peak rides $220

I do at least the $170 every week, driving less than 45 hours total over 5 days. I guess some markets are different, but PDB works for LA.

MTW there are 11 peak hours total.
TF there are 14 total
SS there are 8 total

33 peak hours total per week, I drove 19 peak hours and 41 total hours over 5 days (tues - sat) to get my bonus this week.

Last edited: