• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Is PBOT forcing TNC window placards?

Clayla

A TNC permit will be mailed to the address above. If you need to update your address, please tap the button below.

Beginning March 1st, 2019, the city of Portland will begin distributing TNC driver permits to all rideshare drivers. Drivers must prominently post and display the permit in their vehicle while taking trips.

In order to ensure that your permit reaches you, please ensure that your mailing address is up to date.

Your permit should arrive about 2 to 3 weeks after mailing begins on March 1st.

Attachments

Mista T

Author
The only good thing about Portland TNC regulations is that outsiders have to jump thru hoops before joining our little oversaturated market.

Clayla

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
And who’s looking for compliance? The police bureau? Random PBOT snitches? Nitpicking rideshare scolds that keep reminding us that regulations get more stringent but pay never increases?

Jupito

I hope this replaces the U/L stickers we have now, rather than going up in addition. I already take a pair of scissors to the U/L stickers to make them as small as possible, so together they just make a small little rectangle that says UberLyft. In particular the newer Uber stickers are outrageously large, begging for scissors to cut them down to size.

Mista T

Author
I'm guessing it's a way for the city to track how many drivers there actually are in Ptown. At present the only way to know is by asking the slimy companies and hoping they tell the truth. The last time they asked was a city council hearing last summer and the answer was "over 10,000".
Post automatically merged:

Portland is leaning towards following NYC with minimum wage attitude. The city already got pissed and kicked them out once, and what did they do? Used Greyball to operate here illegally anyway. Portland has no love for U/L.

Nerka

So, if they are picking up two addresses from Uber and lyft do I get two permits? Or do they match by SS number and only send out one.... Inquiring minds want to know.... Also, at what time are the stickers required to be displayed? That would be crucial to insure you receive them in time.