1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership.

Is Part timing coming to a end

Discussion in 'Toronto' started by inpool, Sep 11, 2015.

1. inpool

inpool

New requirements could cost as much as $6000 to $7000 yearly to drive a TNC.Would it still be worth it to drive part time.Or will this be the R.I.P of the part timer.

2. PinkYetti

PinkYetti

Driving:
    UberX
    Gee I don't know, did you refer to the 10 or 15 other threads that already cover this topic?

Also where the heck are you getting your numbers from? A Cheerios box by chance?

Actionjax and TomP like this.
  3. Of course not.

Why are you creating multiple threads on the same topic?

Oh, these figures ($6000 per year for commercial insurance) is just underestimation. It actually would be more expensive.

TDOT DRIVER likes this.
  4. Actionjax

Actionjax

Driving:
    UberLUX
    More Spam on the forum. Would help if you did a search or had something relevant to add.

PinkYetti likes this.
  5. TDOT DRIVER

TDOT DRIVER

6. TDOT DRIVER

TDOT DRIVER

Biozon is right, it's a lot more than $6000/year. If an u we driver has to pay the same monthly cost as a taxi driver then uber wouldn't exist with the rates that we currently make.

PoorBasterd likes this.
  7. Just came back in. Worked 6.5 hours on Friday evening. It was a busy evening at that. After Über's cut and gas, I made 13.20/hour; and we haven't factored in maintenance and repairs. At this point we don't know how much licensing fees we'll be paying; and more importantly how much insurance. Even with the best case scenario of being charged per kilometer when logged in, that will take our real hourly rate below minimum wage even before we factor in maintenance.

The only way Übering is going to make sense...regardless of part time or full time....is if the city mandates a fare rate higher than what it is now. Don't expect Über to have concience. Libertarian types like Travis Kalinick and the Koch brothers don't even know what that word means.

I'm only hanging on right now to see what comes down the tubes with Regulation. If when Regulation with it's increased expenses come and the fare does not go up, thats it! I'm done! I would make more money working at Mickey D's.

RideShareCowboy likes this.
  8. inpool

inpool

I am gonna makes this as clear as possible i have had commercial insurance for the last two years and it is $500 hundred a month for good drivers,bad drivers are denied coverage.Also go ask your current provider if you can have insurance on a per trip basis,tell them you want to be insured when driving to walmart,but not when you are driving to Mcnasty for your daily dose of ignorance.Per trip basis.WTF you rookies kill me with jokes.Also edmonton proposed fee is $500 yearly so i do not see torontos being much different.Anything higher would not be justifiable.So a extra 6500 hundred a year is a fair low estimate.I suggest you read the cities recomendations and listen to long time drivers rookie.These are urgent concerns for real drivers and should ta precedent over driver telling us about there feeling or what kind day they had rookie.Go see a for pysch dat or get wife to talk to. Real drivers invested in the industry keeping a close eye on things.

9. Bottom line - part timing IS coming to an end.

I don't see anyone not doing this full time to still be able to do it after all payments as per new regulations.

10. Actionjax

Actionjax

Driving:
    UberLUX
    Last I checked you are the Rookie in these parts. Just because you been driving a cab doesn't give you insight on how things will play out. You fail to se that the Taxi way of doing things is going to come to an end. People will not let politicians run it the way they have in the past. They have got a taste of the good life with Uber and they will push to keep it.

Uber knows this and will play to it quite well. So you may want to pick up a newspaper before you claim victory for the full timer. Because if the US is any indication it's more likely Uber will start to set the trend that driving is NOT a full time endeavor and the deck is about to be reshuffled.

PoorBasterd likes this.
  11. Über will have to raise the fare or we'll end up working for less than minimum wage after expenses regardless of hours spent driving. Once it comes to that, I'm done.