• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Is Orlando getting Uber Stool?

JimKE

I hope you folks do NOT get Pool!

IF you get it, here are a couple of random thoughts about Pool (Stool, Poop), Express Pool (Uberrhea), and Lyft Shared.
  • All types of Poop have two things in common:
    • You get paid less
    • They are low-ratings magnets.
  • You will be doing multiple rides for ONE fare. Uber will split your payment up in the ride detail, but that's BS. You're actually getting paid pennies for any additional riders, while Uber collects multiple fares.
  • The additional pickups sometimes involve substantial detours and delays.
  • You can avoid additional riders by going offline after the pickup, but then you're doing two things:
    • You're doing an X ride for a lower fare
    • You're training X riders to order Poop and demand that you go offline. If you don't, 1* for you.
  • Uberrhea does not appear as a separate category on the ride request. It will just say Poop.
  • Uberrhea rides will be co-mingled with Poop, and both riders will hate YOU for that.
    • The Uberrhea rider will be pissed because you don't give them door-to-door service.
    • The Poop rider will be pissed because someone else is riding with them, but paying less.
    • Both will give you low ratings.
  • Additional Poop rides are automatically added without asking you. You can cancel them, but I think that affects your cancellation rate.
  • Lyft Shared is the same crap, but pays regular Lyft rates to the driver for time and distance.
  • The only good thing about any shared ride is the two-minute cancellation period vs. 5 minutes for regular rides.
I personally don't accept any shared rides, and I think you guys are busy enough that you don't need to accept them either.

Also, just FYI -- here in Miami, I do NOT have that option for using the Uber app for Pool navigation. I switched from Google Maps to Waze to see if that was the reason, but I still don't have that option.

HotUberMess

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Does anyone else have Quest incentives for 11/25/2018 and 11/26/2018
I do.. lookit this weird quest lol

A3964A14-0877-4ADA-A1B7-B8E07C759B1C.png

Thanks for the reply. I’ve never received one after driving Uber for over 4 years. Now they finally give me one ($6) for each ride, and it’s only for just the airport. What type of chit is that?
Keep checking, I never had quests either until a couple of weekends ago when they started offerig me $26 for 24 rides over a three day period LOL

HotUberMess

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I live kinda near the airport, If they need drivers, I’ll just ride iver. No way am I waiting in that queue lolol

Anyone ever talk to the people in the wueues at Disney? They’re so nice and naive lol

JimKE

Thanks for the reply. I’ve never received one after driving Uber for over 4 years. Now they finally give me one ($6) for each ride, and it’s only for just the airport. What type of chit is that?
Some of us got the same thing in Miami for MIA and FLL. We had a short period last evening when our MIA queue went to about 10 and then went to zero. But today it was back up to 200 again.

Currently 126-130 and only a few flights in the next few hours. Good luck Ants!

I do.. lookit this weird quest lol

View attachment 275796

Keep checking, I never had quests either until a couple of weekends ago when they started offerig me $26 for 24 rides over a three day period LOL
Tap one of the Quests and scroll down to the bottom and you'll learn that it's only for X/Poop rides originating at an airport.

Disgusted Driver

We have the same thing in rdu.

Come to the airport, get an extra 6 bucks and no chance of surge. For us it means maybe a 1.4 surge equivalent and for uber, they will just add it to the up front fare. Screw the drivers and make sure we are waiting like ants for scraps.

Yaheighness

Some of us got the same thing in Miami for MIA and FLL. We had a short period last evening when our MIA queue went to about 10 and then went to zero. But today it was back up to 200 again.

Currently 126-130 and only a few flights in the next few hours. Good luck Ants!

Tap one of the Quests and scroll down to the bottom and you'll learn that it's only for X/Poop rides originating at an airport.
Well let them march one by one!

touberornottouber

I hope it doesn't come to Daytona. It will absolutely destroy the market. 80% of the locals will opt for pool to save a buck and you'll get people reeking of weed (extremely common here) with another passenger pickup. Then the other passenger will report YOU as "driver was smoking weed". Pool is already a nightmare but in Daytona it would be absolute hell.