• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Is not worth it to do ridesharing.

If you have rideshare insurance, your real cost per mile leaves you at below minimum wage. If you do not have rideshare insurance your financial risk is too great. You could end up with a totaled car you still owe on and your car insrance company refuses to pay. Too much risk liability for so little compensation. Uber and Lyft's financial exposure is minimized through insurance and transfer to driver.

jaxbeachrides

There's risk in everything. Driving to work, driving for work, crossing the street etc.

Before I got deactivated for reason not yet known, I was up to a steady 1000 a week, and that's right here in jacksonville at .60 a mile. It took 7 days a week and 2000 miles to do it, but it was still as good or better than most anything else I could make here.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
There's risk in everything. Driving to work, driving for work, crossing the street etc.

Before I got deactivated for reason not yet known, I was up to a steady 1000 a week, and that's right here in jacksonville at .60 a mile. It took 7 days a week and 2000 miles to do it, but it was still as good or better than most anything else I could make here.
You can be deactivated if rider says they were uncomfortable. Uber does not have your back. Two complaints in any time period and you can be gone. No appeal.

Pax Collector

You can be deactivated if rider says they were uncomfortable. Uber does not have your back. Two complaints in any time period and you can be gone. No appeal.
I drive every day as if it were my last. I'm ready to walk away from this gig in a heartbeat. In the meantime, I'll keep making a buck or two on my free time. I pity the ones who do it as a job.

Sid161

I call B.S on 1k a week. Any Uber in Jax knows better.

W00dbutcher

It's very possible. I average about $700 a week. I could do more on the Uber platform but I have too many personals and the military base to deal with. The whole thing with the Uber platform is you got to know where to be, when to be, and where not to be.

And don't sit at the beach it's so played out!

Sid161

It's very possible. I average about $700 a week. I could do more on the Uber platform but I have too many personals and the military base to deal with. The whole thing with the Uber platform is you got to know where to be, when to be, and where not to be.

And don't sit at the beach it's so played out!
Prove it upload a screenshot

W00dbutcher

Ok..... Will this be enough ?

I've been at the beach 4 years running as a taxi. I still am a taxi but I use the Uber platform as a tool in my tool chest. Comes down to experience in this business. The mentality most Uber drivers have is about the money and not about the Playbook or should I say the strategy on how to make that money. The money is out there if you know how to get it.

In this business you have to be a professional Hustler. If you don't know your hustle you do not know the game.

Attachments

Sid161

Ok..... Will this be enough ?

I've been at the beach 4 years running as a taxi. I still am a taxi but I use the Uber platform as a tool in my tool chest. Comes down to experience in this business. The mentality most Uber drivers have is about the money and not about the Playbook or should I say the strategy on how to make that money. The money is out there if you know how to get it.

In this business you have to be a professional Hustler. If you don't know your hustle you do not know the game.
No tolls in Jax. Which forum you pluck these from?

Sid161

Yeah I guess so, I been keeping tabs for months on Jax forum and noone comes close especially with all the drivers out there. You proved me wrong

I live in Jacksonville and only drive after 5 and during the day on the weekends. Some days are good....some aren't worth the hassle. I usually net about $10-$15/hour (after expenses) in Jacksonville. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.
THIS is what is usual from Jax in my experience. And I've done airport, westside, beaches, green cove springs, nocatee. 12 HR day weeks, weekends, surges. NEVER made above 450.

W00dbutcher

Experience.... It took me awhile to figure out the Jax Market. As a taxi and as Uber. The best advice I can give to you is don't follow what Uber gives you. Yeah you can Daisy Train around Jacksonville all day long but you will never make good money. You got to find the honey holes that work for you and your time schedule is all.

Sid161

Never had a toll either. Sooo idk bout you bud

Experience.... It took me awhile to figure out the Jax Market. As a taxi and as Uber. The best advice I can give to you is don't follow what Uber gives you. Yeah you can Daisy Train around Jacksonville all day long but you will never make good money. You got to find the honey holes that work for you and your time schedule is all.
I worked as a cab driver too. Isnt any super secret spots that get you good reliable trips. It's random even more so with uber

W00dbutcher

I used to work for Gator and I used to work for Coastal. The years that I spent with those companies I transferred over to the Uber platform on where to be and what time. Trust me they work they're still there. The only difference between a taxi driver and Uber is you get paid peanuts as an Uber driver. All my techniques and knowledge came from being a taxi driver and it works on the Uber platform as well.

Sid161

I'm glad someone makes good money in Jax, 12 hrs a day is fun but getting deactivated like Les at a moment's notice and car repair encouraged me to find other means of employment.

I used to work for Gator and I used to work for Coastal. The years that I spent with those companies I transferred over to the Uber platform on where to be and what time. Trust me they work they're still there. The only difference between a taxi driver and Uber is you get paid peanuts as an Uber driver. All my techniques and knowledge came from being a taxi driver and it works on the Uber platform as well.
Yeah same here I was with both companies as well. Glad you can still kick it as a driver. 48 a yr is good for driving for a living it's a good career

W00dbutcher

This job definitely ain't for everybody. It takes a special kind of person to be in a car 12 hours a day and deal with some of the s*** that we have to on a daily basis. Uber made a job even harder with some of the things that it introduced into this system.

Ralph does good.... Ol Alex from coastal ain't doing so good. He works for us now. Bob has pretty much chased all the good drivers way from Coastal.

JohnnyBravo836

I drive every day as if it were my last. I'm ready to walk away from this gig in a heartbeat. In the meantime, I'll keep making a buck or two on my free time. I pity the ones who do it as a job.
My sentiments exactly.

I wouldn't pretend to know anything about the local Jacksonville market, and whether this is realistically possible. I would say that if you're working 7 days and 70-80 hours or more a week, then you are, in effect, working two full time jobs; $50K a year is not a whole lot of money for two full time jobs.

I also can't help noticing that 2000 mi a week is obviously 100,000 a year -- and those are hard miles on a car. At that rate, you'd probably burn through another car every year, assuming that you start out with an older used car that already has some mileage on it, which I would think would be the only reasonable way to do this. That's the sort of situation where you really have to figure vehicle depreciation into determining how much you're actually clearing per year.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
GL1800SK Advice 20
pinnacle New York City 18
E Las Vegas 4