Is Lyft screwing me when I go offline?

Jake Air

So this has happened on a number of occasions.
I pick up someone and the trip is out to an area that I don't want to work, so I hit last ride.
I check my app and the button shows to be in the offline position. So all looks good.
I drop off the PAX and start driving back to the area I want to work.
But then along the way, all of a sudden I get a ride request. I'm like WTF. I look down and suspiciously, the app shows I'm online again.
I cancel every time because it pisses me off.
Lyft already automatically sneak rides into your queue without giving you the chance to accept or deny, so I'm very suspicious.
Has anyone's else's app automatically come to life from the off position, or am I just finally going koo-koo doing this job?

Invisible

I had it today also. I know I went unavailable because no way was I going to pickup a pax in the area I dropped someone off, not a good area.

Jake Air

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's nice to know I'm not losing my mind.
I'm still infuriated. Lyft should know I will continue to cancel each and every one of those sneaky requests.

Atom guy

Yes. They add them automatically. And when you cancel them and hit the OK on their warning message, another one pops up before you can move your finger to log off. I've had it happen where 3-4 new rides in a row come in before I can log off. Infuriating, and dangerous when I'm driving while fighting the app.

Mista T

Author
Last week I had two sneaky Lyft experiences.

1. Logged off to go see a friend. 2 blocks from the friends house a Lyft ping chimes in. I KNOW I logged off.

2. Taking someone on Uber. My Lyft phones is mounted, and we are going 5 mph in a parking lot, no speed bumps. A Lyft ping comes in. It auto accepts. I never even touched my phone! My pax was also wondering WTF, and commented to me that it just solidified her decision to keep using Uber instead if that's how they treat their drivers.

Reactions: MHR

Declineathon

It's nice to know I'm not losing my mind.
I'm still infuriated. Lyft should know I will continue to cancel each and every one of those sneaky requests.
Why should you cancel? Your busy driving out of a lame area. Let the pax cancel, better for your numbers anyways. Keep your hands on the wheel.

Jake Air

Why should you cancel? Your busy driving out of a lame area. Let the pax cancel, better for your numbers anyways. Keep your hands on the wheel.
Well the only way the pax can cancel is if I accept the pick up, right.
Then what do I do? Just drive in the opposite direction and ignore the request?
When I say I cancel, what I meant to say I do is I just let the request time out and then clear out the little box telling me I'm a bad boy for not accepting it and that I should go offline if I'm not available for pick-ups.
I WAS LOGGED OFF you dummies! :rollseyes:

TomTheAnt

Yes. They add them automatically. And when you cancel them and hit the OK on their warning message, another one pops up before you can move your finger to log off. I've had it happen where 3-4 new rides in a row come in before I can log off. Infuriating, and dangerous when I'm driving while fighting the app.
Same thing happened to me early this morning. Had to cancel probably 10 pings before I was able to hit the off button. :rolleyes:

Declineathon

Well the only way the pax can cancel is if I accept the pick up, right.
Then what do I do? Just drive in the opposite direction and ignore the request?
When I say I cancel, what I meant to say I do is I just let the request time out and then clear out the little box telling me I'm a bad boy for not accepting it and that I should go offline if I'm not available for pick-ups.
I WAS LOGGED OFF you dummies! :rollseyes:
No, if they cancel you may get the fee if you were passing through. It happens. A lot.

Jake Air

Thanks for the advice. I think I'm going to continue ignoring those sneaky requests so at least Lyft realizes, if they even pay attention, that they're wasting their time with me

tohunt4me

I pick up someone and the trip is out to an area that I don't want to work, so I hit last ride.
I check my app and the button shows to be in the offline position. So all looks good.
But then along the way, all of a sudden I get a ride request. I'm like WTF. I look down and suspiciously, the app shows I'm online again.
Lyft already automatically sneak rides into your queue without giving you the chance to accept or deny, so I'm very suspicious.
Has anyone's else's app automatically come to life from the off position, or am I just finally going koo-koo doing this job?
Why should they stop screwing you ?

They do it when you are Online.

uberdriverfornow

Last week I had two sneaky Lyft experiences.

1. Logged off to go see a friend. 2 blocks from the friends house a Lyft ping chimes in. I KNOW I logged off.

2. Taking someone on Uber. My Lyft phones is mounted, and we are going 5 mph in a parking lot, no speed bumps. A Lyft ping comes in. It auto accepts. I never even touched my phone! My pax was also wondering WTF, and commented to me that it just solidified her decision to keep using Uber instead if that's how they treat their drivers.
you know what, ive had this happen too

Uber1010

When I start Uber 4 years go they use to do this to me all the time because I didn't what to stay out of state to work for free. Not only that ...they was harassing me to take selfie every time I was crossing the bridge or tunel from new Jersey to NYC at one time I was so nervous then I was intended to do to hub and punish them to dead for harassment.... Always they use criminal tactics to harass drivers ... Now because are to many drivers are doing different when you cancel to many they put you on hold for long time are sending you trips only if demand are to high and needs cars...be aware of this jerky because they hired colony of Indians from India to harass you ...