Is Lyft-Only Workable?

Maven

Does anybody here drive for Lyft-Only and not Uber? Or maybe there is a time and place where you are able to earn as much doing Lyft as you would doing Uber? If so then please reply with where and when you would suggest.

In my experience, Lyft gives fewer pings and those are, on average, farther away. I know that many drive for both and run both Apps simultaneously, but I want to know if Lyft-Only or Lyft-Primary is workable.

Does anybody here drive for Lyft-Only and not Uber?
Yes.

Or maybe there is a time and place where you are able to earn as much doing Lyft as you would doing Uber?
Usually more.

If so then please reply with where and when you would suggest.

In my experience, Lyft gives fewer pings and those are, on average, farther away. I know that many drive for both and run both Apps simultaneously, but I want to know if Lyft-Only or Lyft-Primary is workable.
It is. But as with Uber, you have to know when and where and how to work and that comes with trial and error and experience.

UberwhoIaM

Please reply with where and when you would suggest.
I'm going to try and put this in a nonconfrontatinal manner since I think you just don't get it.

You aren't getting the answer you want because the question you are asking is like this. Hey you got a pretty hot wife is it OK if I sleep with her? Would you ever ask somebody that question? In what world do you think it Would-be OK to ask somebody where they are able to make money doing lyft just because you haven't had success with your trial and error?Especially on an open forum like this. how good do you think that area Would-be after 500 people read it?

UberwhoIaM

Please reply with where and when you would suggest.
I just noticed that you're from Connecticut. Do you drive to New Jersey every day-to drive for lyft? I don't know how long you've been doing but things are slower than usual because of the recent holiday and summer slow down. Too many college students and teachers on summer vacation driving now. Try driving different times.

Maven

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm going to try and put this in a nonconfrontatinal manner since I think you just don't get it.

You aren't getting the answer you want because the question you are asking is like this. Hey you got a pretty hot wife is it OK if I sleep with her? Would you ever ask somebody that question? In what world do you think it Would-be OK to ask somebody where they are able to make money doing lyft just because you haven't had success with your trial and error?Especially on an open forum like this. how good do you think that area Would-be after 500 people read it?
I and others in CT have no trouble giving advice to other drivers on best places and times to drive. Maybe it's a CT thing, idk. I view it as helping fellow drivers, not encouraging adultery. In any case, only a fraction of drivers in either NJ or CT read this forum. For example, if I tell drivers that it is consistently profitable to wake up at 2 AM to get an early morning fare to the airport, how many are likely to take that advise? How about the Jersey Shore has higher rates than the rest of the state?
I just noticed that you're from Connecticut. Do you drive to New Jersey every day-to drive for lyft? I don't know how long you've been doing but things are slower than usual because of the recent holiday and summer slow down. Too many college students and teachers on summer vacation driving now. Try driving different times.
I do not drive everyday in NJ, because of the distance. However, I often get fares to Newark airport and elsewhere in NJ. Thereafter, I usually stay in NJ for the remained of that shift. There have been many times that I am driving in NJ for most of the day.

Last edited:

kdyrpr

I have reason to believe "Ma ven" may be an UBER plant. I posted a response to a thread in CT. His response was for me to check out UBERs. TOS for Bradley airport. A complete waste of time. I've seen other responses by him that also lead me to believe he is not a legit poster. He posted the LYFT question in the CT section also. Same post.

UberwhoIaM

I and others in CT have no trouble giving advice to other drivers on best places and times to drive. Maybe it's a CT thing, idk. I view it as helping fellow drivers, not encouraging adultery. In any case, only a fraction of drivers in either NJ or CT read this forum. For example, if I tell drivers that it is consistently profitable to wake up at 2 AM to get an early morning fare to the airport, how many are likely to take that advise? How about the Jersey Shore has higher rates than the rest of the state?

I do not drive everyday in NJ, because of the distance. However, I often get fares to Newark airport and elsewhere in NJ. Thereafter, I usually stay in NJ for the remained of that shift. There have been many times that I am driving in NJ for most of the day.
I'm one of the biggest proponents to helping new drivers. I feel the better informed they are the less its likely they do things that screws the rest of us. Where I draw the line is telling them where I drive. I have only shared areas I drive with privately with a couple drivers. If you see a post of me actually talking about any area its either a joke or an obvious area that most already know about. It's nothing personal just business.

If you don't think there's enough drivers on this forum to screw your earnings then feel free to post all your Connecticut honey holes for my North Jersey brothers and sisters. I'm sure they'll love you for it.

You just said you go to EWR for drop offs.... why wouldn't you stay there and get rides out?

I have reason to believe "Ma ven" may be an UBER plant. I posted a response to a thread in CT. His response was for me to check out UBERs. TOS for Bradley airport. A complete waste of time. I've seen other responses by him that also lead me to believe he is not a legit poster. He posted the LYFT question in the CT section also. Same post.
Thank you for the heads up.... I was wondering why he felt it was appropriate to ask such a faux pas question in an open forum...

Maven

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If you had bothered to read more than one particular post and jump to conclusions then you would know that I am no friend of Uber (or Lyft), particularly their awful insurance. For example
IMHO part of the reason for these forums are for drivers to help each other, rather than work against each other, but if anyone is not comfortable sharing information then don't. As for also posting in CT, that's true. I happen to be in danger of permanent deactivation by Uber and want to know if that happens if there is anywhere that I can make a go of Lyft, but if that's not sufficient reason for you then go stew in your own suspicions.

Maybe the most important, is that I've tried to help NJ drivers in the past and would like to believe that I could expect a little reciprocity.
...a faux pas question in an open forum...
It may be "a faux pas question" in NJ, but is not everywhere. I notice that along with the fear of revealing "vital secrets" in an open forum, nobody considered helping a fellow driver by means of a private conversation.

Last edited:

Lapetak

I do both but now I driver more on Lyft than UBER. I put myself available on UBER only if there's a surge of 2.5x or more. UBER is a joke and I wont drive for them unless I can make real money.

With Lyft I do way better, probably fewer request but definitely more money.

UberwhoIaM

What happened to all the drivers that said they were going to stop driving for Lyft when they lowered their rates from $1.10????