Is Lyft-Only Workable?

Maven

Does anybody here drive for Lyft-Only and not Uber? Or maybe there is a time and place where you are able to earn as much doing Lyft as you would doing Uber? If so then please reply with where and when you would suggest.

In my experience, Lyft gives fewer pings and those are, on average, farther away. I know that many drive for both and run both Apps simultaneously, but I want to know if Lyft-Only or Lyft-Primary is workable.

Last edited:

Danny3xd

I did lyft only for a while. It's as you said. Fewer and farther and as you said, Janice. A lot more in some not great areas of the north end of Hartford. Have met more unpleasant folks there then just run of the mill passengers. And some delightful folks too. But to the point when dropping off there, I turn off the app until I get closer to downtown and try to get out of Hartford all together.

Ya could do Lyft only but not sure most folks would think it worth it. Just my thunkin'

Are ya thinking of doing that, Maven?

Maven

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I did lyft only for a while. It's as you said. Fewer and farther and as you said, Janice. A lot more in some not great areas of the north end of Hartford. Have met more unpleasant folks there then just run of the mill passengers. And some delightful folks too. But to the point when dropping off there, I turn off the app until I get closer to downtown and try to get out of Hartford all together.
Ya could do Lyft only but not sure most folks would think it worth it. Just my thunkin'
Are ya thinking of doing that, Maven?
I usually stick to Fairfield county and do not normally do Hartford, both because of distance and lower rates. I might make the trip if there were other reasons to do so, but nothing that you mentioned makes Hartford sound any better than Fairfield. :frown:

Danny3xd

Really isn't, Maven. I consider it a treat when I get a trip down that way. More frequent pings, too.

Just wrote some one about my starting a seperate ride-share co. And was thinking I should consider starting it down your way and not up here. 80 extra minutes of driving per day though. But with 10% higher existing rates, worth thinking about.

Why is Harford county so much lower than the rest of the state? Don't really see any point in it other than the lyft/uber P contest.

Maven

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Really isn't, Maven. I consider it a treat when I get a trip down that way. More frequent pings, too.
Just wrote some one about my starting a seperate ride-share co. And was thinking I should consider starting it down your way and not up here. 80 extra minutes of driving per day though. But with 10% higher existing rates, worth thinking about.
Why is Harford county so much lower than the rest of the state? Don't really see any point in it other than the lyft/uber P contest.
idk Uber's reasons. Lyft tends to match whatever rates Uber sets.