• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Is Lyft even serious anymore?

czervik7

I’m looking at a $16 surge at the airport on Uber right now. Lyft doesn’t even show it’s busy. Maybe that’s why there are ZERO Lyft cars in the lot.

Lyft may be giving up on Cleveland. Or maybe they’re trying to pay for all the free rides they’re giving by not paying any PPZ to drivers. What joke they are.

antonfilip

Same thing happened yesterday around noon, Uber was surging at 12.50$ airport was dark red,i picked up an airport surge on 480 for 12$ got to the lot and Uber surge kept on going down ,it surged for over 20 min until it went to 0,all along Lyft was at 0 $,what a joke? I just turned my lyft app off. Why would you drive for Lyft? Long pick ups, pax base seems bottom of the barrel,not was it was a couple of years ago,and when I thought I saw everything ,to my surprise or maybe not! a car with a lyft logo on both rear and front window and the passenger window was covered with plastic,he was actually doing an airport pick up!!! Lyft Wake up!!!!!!

Rosalita

Lyft doesn't have a surge anymore. Where you guys been? Since the IPO, there's been no Lyft surge in the Cleveland area. Sure, the app shows a tan, light tan, and/or dark brown "cloud' with a little lightning bolt-type icon thingie to demonstrate where the rides are supposed to be. But that's not a fact. That's a suggestion.

And those PPZ - personal power zones. I've had exactly two of those at the airport and the most either of them paid was like $4.85. I heard they were dropping free rides and $5 off rides all last week, the 4th. That usually cuts into tips. Pax who get it for free don't tip. If demand is there, you don't need to throw out all these freebies, now do you?

I'm suspecting at the airport that more drivers are doing both Uber and Lyft and the only time the Lyft "drivers ahead of you" number decreases is when a driver gets an Uber ping and they turn off their Lyft app. It's also why you don't see the Lyft emblems on the vehicles as much, either. They're doing both and just don't display. Does Lyft even offer the amp anymore after a certain number of rides? I know that "Golden Fist Bump Jacket" for 1K rides has been on "back order" for the last 5 months! Go figure.

I Used to be able to just work the airport and move fairly quickly through the line. Not anymore. I don't know what's going on.Sometimes I think Lyft deliberately doesn't dispatch the rides at the airport to force us out of the que and into taking the random pings.

Last edited:

Uber1111uber

I dont drive Lyft anymore or even uber but lyft sent me an email saying i can receive a lyft amp so I ordered it. Just curious how I should destroy it?

Jmathis0991

I have a question about me as a lyft driver? I was deactived because I was in an accident which put me over 3 violations within the last 3 years. My other violations clears on November 14, 2019. I sent a copy of my police report to lyft because I wasnt at fault for this particular accident which deactived me as a driver. Do you think lyft will reactivate me being though I wasnt at fault for this violation?

czervik7

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have an Amp and a jacket (it’s kinda nice, actually). I drive both but when Uber surges I turn off the Lyft app. I get their lame $1.62 bonuses that grow by 1 or 2 cents every 10 seconds, but that’s it.

Even their streak bonuses have gone from $15 for 3 rides in the morning to $6 for 5 rides — although Uber’s are even more insulting. Neither company’s streak bonuses would keep me from taking an advantageous ride on the other’s platform.

Now Lyft is offering $100 for recruiting drivers. But your new recruit must give 100 rides in 30 days for you to get it. Hell! I only do about 50 Lyft rides a month. They’re on crack if they think I’m going to recruit more competition for them with no real expectation of getting anything.

Lyft isn’t really serious about competing in Cleveland. They count on the Lyft-only fleas to do their rides. But hey, I get 5 cents off per gallon at Shell.

nouberipo

I have a question about me as a lyft driver? I was deactived because I was in an accident which put me over 3 violations within the last 3 years. My other violations clears on November 14, 2019. I sent a copy of my police report to lyft because I wasnt at fault for this particular accident which deactived me as a driver. Do you think lyft will reactivate me being though I wasnt at fault for this violation?
Lyft could care less about safety and security or laws thus give it a go and you will likely be surprised.

Rosalita

I have an Amp and a jacket (it’s kinda nice, actually). I drive both but when Uber surges I turn off the Lyft app. I get their lame $1.62 bonuses that grow by 1 or 2 cents every 10 seconds, but that’s it.

Even their streak bonuses have gone from $15 for 3 rides in the morning to $6 for 5 rides — although Uber’s are even more insulting. Neither company’s streak bonuses would keep me from taking an advantageous ride on the other’s platform.

Now Lyft is offering $100 for recruiting drivers. But your new recruit must give 100 rides in 30 days for you to get it. Hell! I only do about 50 Lyft rides a month. They’re on crack if they think I’m going to recruit more competition for them with no real expectation of getting anything.

Lyft isn’t really serious about competing in Cleveland. They count on the Lyft-only fleas to do their rides. But hey, I get 5 cents off per gallon at Shell.
I got the Amp a long time ago. I've been waiting on my jacket for over 6 months. Got an annoying text saying they were "back ordered" and expect it to take 12 weeks. That was 5 months ago. Have not heard one thing about that dam jacket in months. lol They've been able to count on me for quite awhile now that that's probably coming to an end by Fall. I can find a $10/hour job anywhere and not chew up miles or gas or wear/tear on my car.