Is lyft dying in Rochester?

ShinyAndChrome

I am still running lyft and uber at the same time but I am getting so few lyft It is ridiculous. Way way less hits than uber.

Garbage Plate

I'm not seeing any change. Not certain but I probably have been getting about 67/33% Uber/Lyft. Lyft sent me an hourly guarantee of $15 Friday and $20 Saturday night. Looks doable but they want me to spend 50 minutes online with them. Problem is what happens if I get an Uber ride? Keep Lyft open? Can't do 2 rides at once. I guess that's the point. I can only work for Lyft to make the guarantee.

ShinyAndChrome

I'm not seeing any change. Not certain but I probably have been getting about 67/33% Uber/Lyft. Lyft sent me an hourly guarantee of $15 Friday and $20 Saturday night. Looks doable but they want me to spend 50 minutes online with them. Problem is what happens if I get an Uber ride? Keep Lyft open? Can't do 2 rides at once. I guess that's the point. I can only work for Lyft to make the guarantee.
I would just keep it open and watch movies if you get no pings :smiles: I would do a guarantee of $20/hour if it wasn't too late but lyft has never offered me anything like this. I have 24 or 26 lifetime rides with them and a 5 star rating.

golfinganddriving

Remember that those Lyft guarantees are deceiving...because they are GROSS amounts that must then have the 25% Lyft commission backed out. So, if Lyft is "guaranteeing" $20 an hour, it is really only $15 that you are getting. Also, most require at least 2 rides in the hour period.

ShinyAndChrome

Remember that those Lyft guarantees are deceiving...because they are GROSS amounts that must then have the 25% Lyft commission backed out. So, if Lyft is "guaranteeing" $20 an hour, it is really only $15 that you are getting. Also, most require at least 2 rides in the hour period.
They do? Even if you're on the entire time? 2 rides in an hour with lyft are as rare as unicorns!

golfinganddriving

Yes. In Buffalo at least. Go to your Lyft dashboard, and read the rules for each of the guarantees. Here is the one from Friday (tonite):

Fri, September 22 (5am - 5am)
9pm - 3am
Requirements per hour
2 ride anywhere
50 minutes in online mode
90% acceptance at end of week
Pretty mch forces you to shut Uber off.

So the risk you take is you get no Lyft pings. Then you are SOL

ShinyAndChrome

Yes. In Buffalo at least. Go to your Lyft dashboard, and read the rules for each of the guarantees. Here is the one from Friday (tonite):

Fri, September 22 (5am - 5am)
9pm - 3am
Requirements per hour
2 ride anywhere
50 minutes in online mode
90% acceptance at end of week
Pretty mch forces you to shut Uber off.

So the risk you take is you get no Lyft pings. Then you are SOL
omg, those are impossible to meet. I wouldn't even bother. I understand now why some people think lyft throws them super far pings during these quests to ruin their ride rate. Even with uber shutoff I couldn't achieve those numbers because much of them are totally out of your control.

A more reasonable thing for lyft would be:
50 min online per hour
accept all requests

That's it. Rides per hour and having a higher acceptance at end of week, etc. are unrealistic, to be kind.

Garbage Plate

Rochester same terms but one ride per hour. $15 Friday, $20 Saturday. Probably worth doing but no guarantee you will get a ping. Hopefully that ping is not 28 minutes away. If it is you're not making much.

ShinyAndChrome

Rochester same terms but one ride per hour. $15 Friday, $20 Saturday. Probably worth doing but no guarantee you will get a ping. Hopefully that ping is not 28 minutes away. If it is you're not making much.
Now, now, Garbage Plate, per the helpful email I received from lyft recently: "as a friendly reminder, accepting those requests helps the Lyft community run smoothly. It's frustrating for passengers to have to wait longer for a driver to pick them up, especially when they've turned to Lyft for a safe, reliable ride."

ShinyAndChrome

So I found the guarantee option nested in the dashboard area just now.

It looks like as long as I get 1 ride per hour, with 50 minutes per hour, and 90% acceptance end of week (I have 100% acceptance so far because I haven't driven anyone) I get $15. And that's pre-commission, so equivalent to $11.25. If I was only grossing $11.25 in uber on a friday night after 9 I would go the hell home.

So basically these guaranteed hours are a joke. They guarantee an amount so little you should give up anyway.