Is Lyft adjusting ratings willy nilly?

lutscher

My last 4 daily driver summaries showed that nobody has rated me at all but in the most previous one my rating fell. How can my rating fall if I am not being rated by any passengers?

Lyft is not very strong in my market so many of the rides are over 10 minutes away and I am ignoring them. One day I made it a point and accepted all Lyft pings that came my way. That time was the only time my rating went up, ever since it's been falling.

Lyft's estimated time to get to a customer is always off too. When I get pings it estimates the pick up to be 10 minutes away. Once I start the navigation it's always at least 2 or 3 minutes more.

I used to prefer Lyft over Uber but my recent experiences have me rethinking.

the last 100 rides.
Let's say the first of the 100 you have 4 five stars
The last of the 100 you have 3 five stars.
So, when you do 4 more rides, that will cut off the first 4 five stars of the 100 rides.
Now you have the last 4 rides without rating.

If Lyft counts your rating based on RATED trips only, then they either manipulated the rating or some azzhat rated you 1 star after a month or so. They can always check their email and rate from there.

You one-star every passenger and your rate will go back up in no time.

Don't worry about ratings, Unless you are 4.6 its all a mind game to manipulate you, and look it's working.
You contradict yourself in one sentence.
If you ''don't worry about ratings'' then you reach 4.6 in no time buddy.

the last 100 rides.
Let's say the first of the 100 you have 4 five stars
The last of the 100 you have 3 five stars.
So, when you do 4 more rides, that will cut off the first 4 five stars of the 100 rides.
Now you have the last 4 rides without rating.

If Lyft counts your rating based on RATED trips only, then they either manipulated the rating or some azzhat rated you 1 star after a month or so. They can always check their email and rate from there.

You contradict yourself in one sentence.
If you ''don't worry about ratings'' then you reach 4.6 in no time buddy.
Do you understand English? I said don't care about ratings unless, UNLESS. So I didn't contradict myself FYI, And yes 3500+ Rides on Lyft and I give Zero @@@@s about my rating and its always 4.9+. And I sent emails and comments to lyft all the time laced with profanity and often tell them to @@@@ off. But please do enlighten me more.

How does that work?
It's a secret, but do that and you will see the result quickly.
and don't listen to the dude above, he contradicted himself in just one sentence. You will care about your ratings, regardless.

Lyfted13

It's a secret, but do that and you will see the result quickly.
and don't listen to the dude above, he contradicted himself in just one sentence. You will care about your ratings, regardless.
Looks like you are new, so you don't really understand what he means. You are reading the word worry in the wrong context. It is better not to obsess over ratings because it is just a mind game. If you get your passengers from point A to B, you will be ok as far as ratings are concerned. I have had weeks where I didn't even try and still was a 4.9. If you just do your job, you don't have to worry about ratings. You learn after a while that it is way easier to not obsess over ratings because it is basically pointless.

lutscher

I am not so much worried about the ratings perse but about exactly what has been described before, that Lyft is trying to manipulate us instead of giving a real rating.

I've been driving for Uber on and off for about 2.5 years. My lowest rating was 4.86. It has been going up steadily to a 4.92. For Lyft I've been driving for about 1.5 years but my ratings keep going down. I am at 4.75 now. I don't do anything different, I am polite, have small talk if I feel like the riders want to talk.

My main concern is that my last 4 daily summaries showed no rating at all but by overall rating still went down. If I am not being rated, how can my overall rating change?

Looks like you are new, so you don't really understand what he means. You are reading the word worry in the wrong context. It is better not to obsess over ratings because it is just a mind game. If you get your passengers from point A to B, you will be ok as far as ratings are concerned. I have had weeks where I didn't even try and still was a 4.9. If you just do your job, you don't have to worry about ratings. You learn after a while that it is way easier to not obsess over ratings because it is basically pointless.
Thank you for spending the time to clarify, I thought I left school along time ago.

I don't care about ratings, but why is Lyft sending me a daily driver summary for days that I didn't drive? I didn't work so there is no summary..dumb