Is it worth it to drive a BMW X-Drive for Uber?

mary5209

I have a full time job .. make decent money and have used UBER (as a passenger) close to 100 time for work and Play..each time I get in a UBER car the driver raves about it and tell me how much they are making.. I signed up and took my car in last month and promised I'd give it a try a few hours on SA and SU mornings... I drive a 2011 BMW 328 X . I went out for the first time last SU (nervous as hell) drive for 1 hour and made $19 then went home because I had a headache from the stress. then I went out this weekend drove for 40 minutes on SA morning and 3 hours on SU morning.. I made $40 total... I think I'm doing something wrong I've done only 8 trips in like 3.5 hrs... total and made $60.. LOL... is this even worth it? how do you drive SURGE ONLY? do you just refuse everything else? I must be doing something wrong Help .. I want to make at least $500 a month - I don't want to drive a lot but I want to make the most of my time.. I'm near Culver City in Los Angeles HELP!!! I don't want to wreck my car for $40 a week :frown: I know I need to drive more and drive smart.. any advise?? then I had a passenger ask me to make a pit stop at a Star bucks - had to wait 15 minutes for them to get the latte (didn't even ask if I wanted one hahahha) and no tip..

Jimmy Bernat

I started with a 335xi and really enjoyed it but the gas was getting too pricey. The key is you need to have get on UberSelect once you hit the required rides and driver rating . They pay twice as much and have better passengers . I was making usually around a grand a week with about half of that coming from Select rides . I was doing it full time . You gotta learn your area , learn where to grab the good rides , watch surge , I don't think you can make money driving that E90 on UberX fares you gotta grab Surge and Uber Select rides

Jimmy Bernat

If you're just doing it part time pick one night a week either Thursday Friday or Saturday and working 6 hours . You should make at least $125 in that one night working until 2 or 3 am I don't know what demand is in your area but that is what I would do if I was working part time and just trying to bring home an extra $500 a month .(you'll want to make about $700 to net $500)
Also if you're going to work late go grab a box of Gallon Ziploc Frezzer bags just in case anyone gets sick. I've only had 1 puker in over 2500 rides but I had the Zip loc bag and they threw up in it so no harm done .

UberIsAllFubared

No way its going to be profitable for you if you are driving bmw on uberx with ubers base pay. You will never get the good incentives because you won't get the required number of rides in for the week. So you have to be working just surges, but those are hard to predict, especially for a newbie. You will drive to the surge and it will be gone by the time you get there. If you are willing to work bar/club closing on Friday and Saturday from 1am until 4, its possible, but you are gonna kill your nice car doing it. This is a job YOU HAVE to do smart. If you are not driving smart, either incentives or surges, you will be making less than $10 an hour after expenses and taxes.

mary5209

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
can I refuse all uber pools? or will that hurt me? I did a 15 minute pool drop and another pool came in and I didn't take it because I wasn't sure how to manage the app :frown: I really don't want to do pool :frown: But don't uber grade you on the number of jobs you take compared to the ones you ignore? Also if I get a call in a Surge area will the app tell me it's a SURGE run? sorry so many questions :frown: Whe you do pool if no one else calls before dropoff do you make less money?

eman1122

The rule on POOL is if you're gonna accept one, take all or don't take any POOL requests at all. For incentive purposes, it's the number of trips total that you take. Uber won't look at your acceptance or cancellation rate. If you're shooting for hourly guarantees, then keep an eye on your acceptance rate to make sure that you are above 80% and keep your cancellation rate below 25%.

mary5209

so if I accept a call and on the way there decide I don't want to go in that area I can cancel ? Didn't know that either.. I hate Santa Monica / Marina Del Rey apartments all those side streets where the app tells you to make a right and the street is blocked off..... then the actual street looks like an alley LOL.....

Hunter420

Uber is saturated, they have complicated incentives that change all the time.Get your bonus for sure! Its really difficult to make money, unless its away from the other drivers or during events, or early morning. Use side streets, look at the passanger app, and don't quit your day job!

mary5209

I wish I can put in location I want to go when I turn on the app so I can only get those calls.. :smiles: I like Santa Monica early on the weekends... My first call yesterday took me to Compton from Culver City so I had to stay there for a while and get rides instead of driving back for 30 minutes with no passenger.. If I'm going to Orange County from LA (personal business) I would love to pick up passengers going that way only....

ADefaultUser

can I refuse all uber pools? or will that hurt me? I did a 15 minute pool drop and another pool came in and I didn't take it because I wasn't sure how to manage the app :frown: I really don't want to do pool :frown: But don't uber grade you on the number of jobs you take compared to the ones you ignore? Also if I get a call in a Surge area will the app tell me it's a SURGE run? sorry so many questions :frown: Whe you do pool if no one else calls before dropoff do you make less money?
wow, doing pool rides with a (presumably) select eligible BMW...

Joe123456

I wish I can put in location I want to go when I turn on the app so I can only get those calls.. :smiles: I like Santa Monica early on the weekends... My first call yesterday took me to Compton from Culver City so I had to stay there for a while and get rides instead of driving back for 30 minutes with no passenger.. If I'm going to Orange County from LA (personal business) I would love to pick up passengers going that way only....
don't pick up pax in bad. hoods it's not safe. You will get robbed car jacked or killed Return to good known hoods Is safer