• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Is it true?

UberFreak

I heard Champ cabs are now in Perth as well. I think free as they start up as well but not 100% sure. Is this what you heard?

UberFreak

Ummm, we pay all of them to drive on their system.... well at least I do! What I was meaning is this flat rate fee is ultimately lower than the % fee paid in to Uber/Ola and probably to Sam here ? ?

Immoralized

Ummm, we pay all of them to drive on their system.... well at least I do! What I was meaning is this flat rate fee is ultimately lower than the % fee paid in to Uber/Ola and probably to Sam here ? ?
Not if you don't get any jobs.
Are they going to guarantee $1000 per week income or worth of jobs?

These budget fly by night rideshare apps come and go. For 1 reason is that they don't have the billions of dollars required to be successful.

Sandhills

There was a spelling error in production;

'Chump'
Post automatically merged:

But seriously it could be worth looking at, the bonus scheme is tantalising

chum_beef_12x1.2kg_can.jpg

Post automatically merged:

Oh Saaaammmm dinners ready

Last edited:

ilka

No age limit on cars? good selling point. Many Uber drivers gave up when their cars reached 10 years old.

Joe m23

How do you expect them to make money with no commission?
I think you missed the point. To even make any money, the first thing you need is revenue (cash-inflow). You also need riders to wanna use your app. Riders have to spend money on your app or service.

I know if I am taking trips with Didi or Ola, it is because they are cheaper and a lot quicker for the car to arrive. So what is so great about Uber then ?

Immoralized

A lot of new companies in all manner of business try to offer services and or goods free or heavily discounted to break through into the market. If they didn't do that then they'll have no market shares.

This can go on for a year or even a few years until they have broken through to the market and start to generate some kind of profit. Uber the only Rideshare company in Australia that generating a profit and it partially the reason why every single major rideshare company is in Oz except for lyft which is struggling to compete/survive in America.

It unlikely Ola or even Didi to make a profit in Oz even in 2020 as they still haven't broken through the market place. It makes it harder for them as well since they are further behind the established player Uber by over a half a decade. Now got three rideshare apps going it going to be a real busy navigating through it all.

DA08

A lot of new companies in all manner of business try to offer services and or goods free or heavily discounted to break through into the market. If they didn't do that then they'll have no market shares.

This can go on for a year or even a few years until they have broken through to the market and start to generate some kind of profit. Uber the only Rideshare company in Australia that generating a profit and it partially the reason why every single major rideshare company is in Oz except for lyft which is struggling to compete/survive in America.

It unlikely Ola or even Didi to make a profit in Oz even in 2020 as they still haven't broken through the market place. It makes it harder for them as well since they are further behind the established player Uber by over a half a decade. Now got three rideshare apps going it going to be a real busy navigating through it all.
See this idiot in Perth lol what a fool

Attachments