• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Is it true rider gets refund for a 1 star rating?

mcxvmc

I received a 1 star rating tonight and later i found out the rider paid almost 25 bucks for a very short trip due to surge. Does the rider really get a full refund just because he rated me 1 star?

Pax Collector

I received a 1 star rating tonight and later i found out the rider paid almost 25 bucks for a very short trip due to surge. Does the rider really get a full refund just because he rated me 1 star?
Not necessarily. They would have to complain directly to Uber support to make that happen. It doesn't work always though, and seems like Uber is catching on with people making bogus complaints for free rides.

Mista T

Author
I give rides to my friends all the time. We go long distances, and I insist that they give me one star so that they can ride for free. I still get paid my minimum wage, almost.

Every time my rating gets below 4.65 because of them, I have to give some regular rides until it goes back to over 4.70.

That free ride thing is great!

80sDude

What's up with all the Adjustments I see on pax trips ?

I would say more than half of every trip I take has some ADJUSTMENTS given to pax on previous trips

Pedro Paramo66

All this cheap bastards always looking for the way to get refund

Jufkii

From a couple of years ago , for drivers protection, low ratings on surge trips were not to count against drivers. Maybe true.Maybe not. But since Uber said it guess for yourself.

ColdRider

So you’re saying you actually rate each driver one star. If so why would you do that?
I figure if I rate one star, I’ll get a different driver every time.

Also, Uber and Lyft will continuously make improvements if riders are not satisfied, so there’s that.

Uberon1986

Also, Uber and Lyft will continuously make improvements if riders are not satisfied, so there’s that.
Well you’re a clown to say the least. I hope if I ever get you and I know it’s you I’ll just drive right off leave you on the side of the road. People like you’re self is the problem. I really hope Uber and Lyft cuts you off than you’re back hailing a cab.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scubadoo

So, drivers get fired if they go below a certain rating because you want a different rider every time. Are you for real? People depend on this for their income and your are messing with their ability to provide for their families?